• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Repairing an RM Italy 203P

doffo

Oct 14, 2012
Hello,

I have a couple of the RM Italy 203P amps that I bought nearly 10 years ago. They are still working fine, but I want to at least acquire some parts like the relays and also the transistors. I did buy some ONSEMI 13N10 transistors, but a set of 4 for now. I was reading and it mentioned that one needs to set the gate voltage if you swap out for the 13N10 transistors. I had seen some pictures where they put a variable resistor so you can set the gate voltage. That being said, if the gate voltage needs to be set, does anyone here know what points to test with the multimeter and if the amp is keyed up while setting it etc?

I just want to keep the amps going and have means to repair it if that day ever comes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

LOL I remember the days when the KL-40, KL-60, and KL-203 were considered throw away amplifiers. They were so in-expensive unless you could fix it yourself you were money ahead just buying a new one.

Reactions: doffo and 144inBama
LOL I remember the days when the KL-40, KL-60, and KL-203 were considered throw away amplifiers. They were so in-expensive unless you could fix it yourself you were money ahead just buying a new one.
I hear ya. I wish I would of bought a few 10 years ago while they were about $50 I think is what I paid for mine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.