• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rf signal generator

Keith710

Jan 14, 2018
Anybody use these BK Precision or GW Instek you see on eBay? I see they have modulation but do they have the 1 kHz tone and come down to negative dbs? Never used em but there’s a few on there relatively cheap right now. Haven’t seen any good videos on em. Just a few short videos.

eBay link or pictures?
I can’t figure out how to save the pic and transfer it on this stupid smart phone. I just went to eBay and typed in rf signal generator in the search bar. It pulls up several of these types on the first page. The best pic is one of the gw instek abouthalf way down the page. There are several different makes of these on there but they all look pretty similar and probably all have the same functions.

Thanks guys! That’s 100 bucks I’ll take my wife out to dinner and a movie on.(If we only have one popcorn)have to break out another 20 for 2 lol. Seriously, thank you.

When you buy one go for the highest frequency you can get. I'm talking about into the Gigahertz range. You might be playing around with CB's now, but in the future......One with Digital Display

Last edited:
You are correct. Started messing around with some old cb radios we had from over the years and got interested in electronics. Trying to find time to take an online course now but it’s hard with my work schedule and kids finishing up college. I read all I can on forums like this and watch a lot of Mikes Radio Repair on YouTube lol. Learned a lot from that and trial and error but nowhere near enough to truly be able to troubleshoot and repair equipment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.