• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy amp choice ??????????

Help with amp choice, and does red or blue Matter.

• Rm italy KL-203

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Rm Italy KL-203P

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Rm Italy KL-200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RM Italy KL-200p

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You get exactly what you pay for when you buy that junk....a cheap throwaway amp.
10-04!!!!! They are shit boxes for sure.... i had a 300 watt version and it sounded worse on SSB than my magnum 125 i used to own!!! I sold both and got a TX Star 500v and never looked back.........:D

I saw the review and was looking at the 203P looks like the way to go. I should spend the money to get variable power in the radio first. Time to drop off the radio. Or make a call to see if I can have it done while I wait. Shouldn't take to long...

RM Italy bashing = nothing new.

I own two of the 203's right now in both my personal trucks. If I would have listened to all the negative crap out there against these I surely would have missed out on two very very good little amps not to mention the money I have saved. I was not interested in having the pre-amp because these were bought for mobile use only. If a pre-amp where to work for you it would seem a base would be your best chance at it. I have done some simple tests such as comparing a S-9 signal with out power and then turning on the 203 and the audio is undetectable of the same quality on or off. Let these guys piss all over these good little amps this way they get what they deserve to pay more and maybe not get all the watts these put out and maybe their modulation will suck also. You won't get these results from the RM Italy line and I own a total of five "up to the KL-503 for my base" and four are in daily use for several years now. But like others have stated DO NOT OVER DRIVE ! it doesn't make that much of a difference running 4 watts in it vs. 2 some say less. I have been doing 2 OK so far.

Reactions: Dzbullrider
A turd is a turd is a turd... I wouldn't have one of those shitbox amps given to me.. They are JUNK plain and simple!!!!!

A turd is a turd is a turd... I wouldn't have one of those shitbox amps given to me.. They are JUNK plain and simple!!!!!

A bit harsh.

sure they ain't the best amps in the world, but if they aren't overdriven they sound pretty decent on air, especially on ssb, far more importantly they allow many thousands of people on a budget worldwide the opportunity to work dx through some pretty average antenna/radio setups.

they certainly sell well here in Europe where hero worshipped shitty amp and antenna builders are rare, infact its easier to find Lord Lucan or Shergar here than ass licked amp/antenna builders who know as much about electronics as George Bush did about diplomacy. i would recommend using a quality low pass filter with any cb amp though, as they tend to lack built in filtering to cut price.

I have a used CX3300HP (2 watt dk, swinging 55ish) on the shelf now hooked up to one that is dead keying around 40 watts and swinging over 200!

What's that equate too modulation wise ? about 2000 % or something,

i'd couple that transmitter with a maxon cb as a receiver and you'll have the ability to tx and rx on all forty channels at once.

I've checked this with 2 different Dosy meters and had the results confirmed by a more experienced tech.

Dosy are very aptly named meters ;) although dizzy might have been more appropriate. :whistle:

I have 3 rm amps, the kl500, klv550, and klv1000. All sound good when the drive I is set right. Don't know what anps you heard.:confused:

Email quote from RM Italy:

"The KL203 is a push pull circuit with 2 paralleled FET transistors on each side. The bias is AB.

Best regards,
Andrew"

Who am I to argue?

RT307

Email quote from RM Italy:

"The KL203 is a push pull circuit with 2 paralleled FET transistors on each side. The bias is AB.

Best regards,
Andrew"

Who am I to argue?

RT307

Hi everybody! I'm new here, but it is obvios to me that A+B=C. So therefore all rmitaly makes is class C biased splatter boxes that no self-respecting American would own. We need obsolete pill boxes that were designed 30 years ago. And V-twin engines that were engineered around the turn of the last century. Cause that is what I like and it is best, so deal with it.

I really like my kl203p, it was in my mobile until I fitted the ad203 stinger board in my 29. Now it backs up my junky '70's japaneses base station. Everyone creams their jeans when they hear how good my audio is - they can't help but thank me for firing my rig up and making their day by speaking on air. RM Italy amps make the sun burn brighter and the breeze a bit cooler. They also put 2 more marshmallows in your hot chocolate everytime you key up! You would be wise to give them a shot.

On a serious note, for the money, I personally think you cant beat them. And, every once in a while, it is pretty nice to have that preamp switch to dig out those distant stations.

My vote for the KL203P! Hehe

Dan

Reactions: Dzbullrider
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.