• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rocket Station in Stockholm Sweden active right now

What exactly is a Rocket Station ? I've been on 11 meters for nearly 40 years but I've never heard that term before ! Guessing it might be the same as a "Big Strapper" LOL!

What exactly is a Rocket Station ? I've been on 11 meters for nearly 40 years but I've never heard that term before ! Guessing it might be the same as a "Big Strapper" LOL!
I figured that's his probably his handle.
I remember one night an ole boy claimed he was in an airplane and his handle was, Eye in The Sky, some of the locals talked to him.

Reactions: BC Coyote
LOL! Of course ! I feel kinda stupid now......:LOL: Never occured to me that could be his handle. I talk to Europe on sideband all the time, but everybody on there uses numbers not handles........

LOL! Of course ! I feel kinda stupid now......:LOL: Never occured to me that could be his handle. I talk to Europe on sideband all the time, but everybody on there uses numbers not handles........
Yeah no big deal, I usually just respond to threads that have been dead for years and the original poster guy hasn't been on forever. Lol

Last edited:
I figured that's his probably his handle.
I remember one night an ole boy claimed he was in an airplane and his handle was, Eye in The Sky, some of the locals talked to him.
Back in the 80's over a period of about a week we talked to a guy who's handle was Skyrider.
This was on SSB , late evenings and he said he was a communications operator aboard an aircraft doing night time touch and go landings.
He constantly requested we change frequency's, would not tell us the type of aircraft or where they was practicing at ( our best guess was Edwards afb but he would not confirm) what kind of radio or any specific info. He would just answer" I am not at liberty to say" lol.
The last nite we talked to him he told us they were being deployed to another "base" and that was the last we ever heard of him.
Strange things happen on the CB band.......

Jeff

Reactions: BC Coyote and Keto
Back in the 80's over a period of about a week we talked to a guy who's handle was Skyrider.
This was on SSB , late evenings and he said he was a communications operator aboard an aircraft doing night time touch and go landings.
He constantly requested we change frequency's, would not tell us the type of aircraft or where they was practicing at ( our best guess was Edwards afb but he would not confirm) what kind of radio or any specific info. He would just answer" I am not at liberty to say" lol.
The last nite we talked to him he told us they were being deployed to another "base" and that was the last we ever heard of him.
Strange things happen on the CB band.......

Jeff
I guess that's a No-No in an airplane much less a Air Force or military. That's some pretty interesting stuff though just some other radio heads out there, way up.

My coolest contact ever on CB was back in the mid 1990's and was with a guy in the Sierra Nevada mountains who was hiking at 10,000 feet elevation with a backpack radio !
He had a radio & battery built into an aluminum frame backpack, with a 3 foot firestik antenna mounted on top. The contact was on a sideband channel in the regular 40; don't remember which one now.
The guys signal wasn't huge, but we had a short QSO with no problem !
One of my favorite CB memories for sure...........

Reactions: TM86 and Keto
My coolest contact ever on CB was back in the mid 1990's and was with a guy in the Sierra Nevada mountains who was hiking at 10,000 feet elevation with a backpack radio !
He had a radio & battery built into an aluminum frame backpack, with a 3 foot firestik antenna mounted on top. The contact was on a sideband channel in the regular 40; don't remember which one now.
The guys signal wasn't huge, but we had a short QSO with no problem !
One of my favorite CB memories for sure...........
That does sound pretty great one. Actually probably pretty smart of him too, for emergencies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.