• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RTTY and CW using computer hookup issue

Ahh. So at least you got the rig blaster to key the radio, that is about half the battle.
YEAH, BUT, EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED ABOUT THE "AEA" STUFF....HEY, BEING THAT IT HAS BEEN 25+ YEARS I DID ANY DIGITAL HAM STUFF, THE ICOM 730 AND FT901-DM HAVE RELAYS IN THEM...ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO BE "BANGING AWAY" SENDING CW?...SEEMS THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO DOING CW (ON AND OFF BETWEEN CHARACTERS) BUT, ISN'T THAT HARD ON THE RELAYS?...RTTY WOULD NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM/ISSUE AS IT IS "ON/KEYED" WHILE SENDING....

Least the serial port is needing to do what it needs to do. As of now, the PK232 is just refusing to do anything as its not even sending data back to your PC.
YEAH, AND IT SHOULD...THERE IS A BAR GRAPH ON FRONT THAT SHOWS RECEPTION, ETC...

Best we focus on your Rigblaster. :) Least you were able to key the radio so it was transmitting mode, but now to just hook the audio cables up so we can feed it audio.
AUDIO CABLES HOOKED UP.....IT APPEARS TO BE SENDING-RECEIVING....HAVE TO LEARN WHAT KEYBOARD BUTTONS DO WHAT AFTER I SET MACROS AS TO WHAT I HAVE READ....WHAT ABOUT "FLDIGI", IS THERE AN ENGLISH VERSION?

FLdigi I am not sure what changed. I havent used it in years, and when I go to download the latest, it goes to some goofy FlAmp?? No idea.. Lets test some other program.

There is an ancient program called Digipan from the stone age, but the thing still works. It is good enough to at least see if you can receive/transmit using your Rigblaster. PSK31 isnt too busy these days, but at least you should be able to check out 14.070 to see if you can hear any PSK31. Digipan Download

Just set your callsign, qth, and name, then once you do that, Goto Configure then Serial port. Choose your serial port and click ok. It wont yell at you unless the port itself doesnt exist.
You Can click the "T/R" button to tell the program to trigger transmit.. See if the Rigblaster will trigger it to transmit.

FLdigi I am not sure what changed. I havent used it in years, and when I go to download the latest, it goes to some goofy FlAmp?? No idea.. Lets test some other program.
OK....

There is an ancient program called Digipan from the stone age, but the thing still works.
I HAVE DOWNLOADED IT A FEW DAYS AGO AND IT IS PUTTING UP GIBBERISH SO FAR...HAVE NOT MUCH TINKERED WITH IT...MAYBE IT WANTS ME TO INSTALL MY CALL SIGN TO WORK...WILL TINKER WITH IT SOME MORE TODAY..

It is good enough to at least see if you can receive/transmit using your Rigblaster. PSK31 isnt too busy these days, but at least you should be able to check out 14.070 to see if you can hear any PSK31. Digipan Download
-SEE ABOVE-

Just set your callsign, qth, and name, then once you do that, Goto Configure then Serial port.
*MAYBE THAT'S THE "KEY"---WILL DO THAT.

Choose your serial port and click ok. It wont yell at you unless the port itself doesnt exist.
GRIN

You Can click the "T/R" button to tell the program to trigger transmit.. See if the Rigblaster will trigger it to transmit.
I WILL..........WILL BE BACK IN A FEW HOURS.......

We will prevail lol. I did just now dig out my Rigblaster pro... I forgot it was missing the power adapter as the wall wart itself was toast, so cut the cord and went directly 12v into the power supply. I think I still have it wired up for my Icom 756 Pro II.

Here is a quick video to at least have a visual of the Rigblaster Pro cabling. Again, just so we are on the same page. :) And please let me know how it goes for you when you get to mess with it later on today.

Reactions: radio grief
Have connections "proper"....I energized digipan and it wants to lock up with the tranmitter keyed.....back after a bit (coffee time!)..thanks for vid!!!!

Last edited:
A few picts -

BACK PANEL PLUGS 1.jpg

BACK PANEL PLUGS 2.jpg

BACK PANEL LINES.jpg

LINE NOTATIONS.jpg

The Mic input may be sensitive and over drive the audio, so keep an eye out on the levels... You may need to select the microphone input on Digipan in the Sound card settings if the mic input isnt set to default in windows itself.
Otherwise, you are for sure set on connections. Yes, when you click the T/R button one time, it will keep transmitting till you click it again. :) Just making sure if you click it, then click it again to turn off transmit that it is keying the radio. Next step is to setup the audio side of things.

Just had chance to hook it up, and it was doing the same thing and keeping the PTT active, so go back to your serial settings, and uncheck 'DTR as PTT'. and click ok. Hopefully now you can trigger the ptt properly when you click the T/R button.

Just had chance to hook it up, and it was doing the same thing and keeping the PTT active, so go back to your serial settings, and uncheck 'DTR as PTT'. and click ok. Hopefully now you can trigger the ptt properly when you click the T/R button.
I had a problem with my Icom transceivers keying the rigblaster plug n play. Their solution was to use the PTT from the 13 pin DIN connector, which was not possible, as I use that to key an amplifier. I got into it with them and they are full of it. I think my solution was to modify the circuit with some buffers and pull ups. I have a pile of rigblasters here and I think they suck.

Reactions: doffo
I had a problem with my Icom transceivers keying the rigblaster plug n play. Their solution was to use the PTT from the 13 pin DIN connector, which was not possible, as I use that to key an amplifier. I got into it with them and they are full of it. I think my solution was to modify the circuit with some buffers and pull ups. I have a pile of rigblasters here and I think they suck.
The plug and play I never had. As long as they work they do ok. I did build a simple PTT device back in 2017 that I still use today. This way I could wire whichever radio to it with a simple RCA cable lol. Ghetto fabbed but it did the job.

The plug and play I never had. As long as they work they do ok. I did build a simple PTT device back in 2017 that I still use today. This way I could wire whichever radio to it with a simple RCA cable lol. Ghetto fabbed but it did the job.
I mentioned my issue with the plug n poop, thinking maybe there is a similar issue going on here.

Been out (not out of it (grin) all day...Will read post and get back to this tomorrow...........THANKS!

Last edited:
Reactions: doffo
I mentioned my issue with the plug n poop, thinking maybe there is a similar issue going on here.
I hear ya. It was probably a good thing I never gave into the Plug n Pray device. They came out where it seemed they needed to familiarize themselves more with USB stuff.

A brief note/question(s)...

1)...The RB Pro doesn't come with a usb cord, does that mean it cannot unitize one?

2)...Does anyone know if FLDIGI has an ENGLISH version?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.