• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"S" unit panel mounted meter

UDX-4570

Oct 4, 2023
Hello crew:
This is new to me, this S meter has 4 posts on the back, the large ones have a + and - marked on the meter, the two small ones have the letter "L" marked on the meter next to the posts.

This meter is a N.O.S. made in Japan, a very nice meter I must add, but as for the two small posts, not exactly sure what they are for. If anyone has any knowledge about this, feel free to chime in.

UDX-4570 Palm Springs wavin!⚡

Attachments

• 20240312_080621.jpg
    20240312_080621.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240312_080601.jpg
    20240312_080601.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29

Probably backlight.
I was thinking the same thing, but I can't see it being AC power, or maybe the manufacturer expects you to use the + or - on the large connections as a reference???

Thank you for the reply.
UDX-4570 Palm Springs wavin ⚡

No knowledge, just a guess. "L"ight? As in power for a lightbulb to illuminate the meter?
If that's the case, there is no polarity and AC powered, the only + and - markings visible are on the large posts. IDK, I'll keep searching the net to see if I can get a positive identification on the posts.

Thanks for the reply!
UDX-4570 Palm Springs wavin!⚡

The big posts are for the meter coil.

The small ones lead to a tungsten lamp that cares not about polarity. Was probably meant to use the 6.3 Volts AC that lights up the tube heaters.

Y your correct, I figured it out, they are low voltage contacts for the back lighting.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.