• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sand baggin' I heard this....

unit511

Jan 21, 2012
While listening to my cb as I was watching tv I overheard the local guys talking about going to the range to shoot some guns and then they talked about there ammo ,reloads, favorite guns etc. I was amazed that MANY of the guys on the radio loved to go to the range and shoot....You see I have been shooting since I was 12 yrs old. A coincidence that cber's like to shoot?
Then on another channel I heard a conversation about fish tanks.....sizes, filters, fishes, stands, water quality, and clarity etc...... I have had fish my whole life on and off....now off ,sadly. Fresh and salt....inverts etc..... A coincidence that cber's like fish tanks and fish keeping?
We share the love of radio, firearms, and fish keeping. Is this something universal? I kind of find this weird that there is a pattern here....
These were not club members but just the locals talkin'.

Reactions: 1 person

If you get your ham license it is just as good as staying at a Holiday Inn Express, you will become an Expert Amateur as soon as your numbers hit the list and you can best anyone on the cb radio.

Reactions: 2 people
People do what people do.You probably noted hem but not all the others that were not talking about something you like to do. Kind of like noticing all the other cars onnthe road with a blown headlight when you have one yourself. If you didn't have one chances are you would hardly notice the others.

While listening to my cb as I was watching tv I overheard the local guys talking about going to the range to shoot some guns and then they talked about there ammo ,reloads, favorite guns etc. I was amazed that MANY of the guys on the radio loved to go to the range and shoot....You see I have been shooting since I was 12 yrs old. A coincidence that cber's like to shoot?
Then on another channel I heard a conversation about fish tanks.....sizes, filters, fishes, stands, water quality, and clarity etc...... I have had fish my whole life on and off....now off ,sadly. Fresh and salt....inverts etc..... A coincidence that cber's like fish tanks and fish keeping?
We share the love of radio, firearms, and fish keeping. Is this something universal? I kind of find this weird that there is a pattern here....
These were not club members but just the locals talkin'.

you are not the only one...there's plenty of us out here..... you forgot boats and fishing also..

Love to fish- have all my life. Never owned a boat- too much trouble. But like going out on them. Is there a pattern here?

I'll throw my 2¢ in

What about flashlights? Or scanners? I have collections of each, various handheld scanners, mobiles, desk-tops, and dozens of flashlights, from big Maglites to all flavors of LEDs, and from vintage to new.

Love to fish- have all my life. Never owned a boat- too much trouble. But like going out on them. Is there a pattern here?

Have 2 boats,nothing fancy about them either....My original and first boat is 20',all aluminum with a 60hp commercial grade yamaha..it's for commercial fishing....trot lines,hoop nets,crawfish traps mostly though..it would take me a good little while to explain the whole process though....Just a very versatile little boat,sort of a 4wheel drive of boats,goes in the thick woods that is flooded from snowmelt and heavy spring rains when we get them...when the crawfish come out ya gotta go in the woods to get them.....My other boat is all aluminum also..... the hull was designed and copied a performance vee hull bass boat....thats my fishing rig...I'll have to take pics one day while in action....yes they are a handful to keep up with but I enjoy it just like radios.!!

Really ...Flashlights ?????? I do have several but i would not call it a collection. Different types for different jobs.

I played Guitar, Bass, and Drums. Played in various Bands back in the late '70's and all through the '80's, And been in 11 Meter Radios with my Dad since 1973. As they say Different Strokes, For Different Folks, I also like that Bass ya caught there Undertaker. Back then though, We had CB Breaks on a Friday and Saturday Night, With a Live Country n Western Band. A lot of us back then talk about some of the same stuff we like to do.

I have killed many a tagboard target with my Ruger Single Six and Mark III. Even bigger holes with my Sig Sauer P232 and Ruger LCP.
As far as fishing goes....I only catch and release.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.