• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SCANNER HELP ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
OK guys , I know very little about these things over the years . I have a old 16 channel that goes to 540 or something like that , it's a 1991 Uniden , anyway , knowing that it's old and doesn't go past 540 , is there still stuff out there that I could listen to or program the thing to pick up ? or is it to old ? .....I really know very little about these things, Is it to old to pick up my local fire and police freq's ? Honestly , anybody know what I might be able to pick up with it ? Thanks

Thanks for the link ,had seen that before , I don't want to pay . Just was wondering if I could still get some action out of this scanner if need be ?,

beyon the limit , that's really all I needed to know. It does get weather , I was basically just wondering if I could pick up any freq's that I could at least program into it and have something to listen to other then weather . I already knew about the cordless phones but most of those types are long gone . Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.