• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SD1446

no expert here SS , but I have always heard over the years that's it's really not the best thing to do for those radios , there good ole radio's that don't need no more rf floating around inside them to cause problems. I would personally think you would be much better off getting a small amp like a KL or something like that if your looking for a little bit more power to go with those radio. Welcome to the Forum.

DONT DO IT!!!!!!! I Tried for over 2 months to do this to a 148 GTL. As long as the cover that the 1 pill was mounted on was off it worked great but as soon as you out back on it went all the hell. I know this is not what you wanted to hear but that's the way it was for me. Now i have heard some radios that have had this done and they sounded really good so i guess there is someone out there who can do this type of modification better than the 3 TECHS i took mine to. If you want something like this than you would be better off buying a Stryker, Connex 4300 or a Galaxy 48/95T. Other wise you would just be pissing your money away!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.