• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SEARS SSB

westside

Sep 20, 2010
I recently purchased two home base SEARS SSB from a yard sale in perfect condition. I hooked up an antenna and it works! I am not sure what all the settings are! How do i find a manual for this? Thanks all of you!

Do an internet search on the make and model through google or post make and model here and we can possibly help.

Yupp if your Standing Wave Racial is no good then that working rummage sale radio will not work for long so be careful and also let that old radio sit turned on and let it idle for a few hours (WHILE YOU ARE AT HOME AND CLOSE BY)

still have my 36772. was the very 1st new cb i ever bought, in 1975, when discussion of 40 channels was big. it replaced an old 6(?) channel manual xmit/rcv switch something or other my uncle had given me years before. at age 13, with no internet, it was tough learning how to mod CB's. had older friends who'd already gone freebanding, so i did the xtal switcheroo. 1st 27.315-355, then swapped to 415-455. tried a switchbox for multiple xtals, but could never eliminate self oscillation, so went back to single & swapped when i needed-nuisance! my limited knowledge prevented me from opening the clarifier because i couldn't figure out how to separate the circuit boards to get to the diode. i did the 'a' channel switch, but by then my friends had all gone to SSB 'upstairs'. finally bought a 101e in '76.....
still have the sears (and the 101e for that matter). the sears was a screaming radio, good quality audio, nice talker with a maco 300, among other amps. need to replace the microphone DIN socket. over the years it dry rotted & cracked.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.