• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

seeing if any one remembers this old stinger amp

Sonoma, I had a stinger very similar that I installed into a President Honest Abe back in the early 90s or so. Think I was 16 or 17. Can't for the life of me remember the make or model or anything! I can't even find the paperwork that came with it.... which I never toss out instructions with something like that but poo...... I will keep digging tho. Keep us informed on yer testing.

Reactions: binrat
Well I know it is not the DX100 that RF Limited sold back in the day which was the same size and shape as the RFX150 but it used MRF455's.

Does this look like yours? If it does contact this guy!

I have looked at his video and what I see is the ground and power going to the main power plug in the back and then he is talking about a switch. I am thinking it takes 12 volts to turn on the little amp. the purple wire I have should be the one for the switch. I ordered some coax to change out the leads and when I get it in I will try to hook it up
thank you Onelasttime for your help.

No problem. I rock out some old NOS gear myself from time to time and often just finding info on the item is hard. There seem to be some HUGE gaps in the internet knowledge base in some area's. I am finding this more and more often on the internet. If it does not have a cult following and was not super popular before the internet took off it is like a black hole!

you got that right. a lot is missing in the era that the internet took off. most of the radio forums just started in about 2001. ever thing before that time is just missing on the web.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.