• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shipping woes...

Hc714

Apr 6, 2005
peanut state
Could not post this in the section where it started, so i will post it here. Shipping saga TonyV and his 767.

more shipping woes

This is another reason I wanted to see how this turns out. We all make mistakes, not admitting to making any, makes me question all I hear. Also in another post here on this Justin goes on to say this person does not know how to operate his amp. Would like to know what that had to do with poor shipping practices.
Can Justion fix things? I have no doubt that he can. Does he pack well? Am starting to wonder about this.

On edit I see the post about the 767 is gone , 7 pages over 2000 views, Out of sight out of mind. I've worked on lots of things in my life, fixed some, made some worse. But have always tried to learn from my mistakes. But to do that one first must admit a mistake was made. I hate perfect people. There are to many of them out there. The really good people have no problem admiting mistakes and then trying to fix things not hide them.

Boy this topic sure likes to disappear. If the problem has been solved ,would like to know about it.

Justin the stats you quote are good, nice to know that so few packages shipped have problems. But I believe UPS could also post stats that show on the whole they also have very few issues.

What we are dealing with here is not weather or not accidents or mistakes happen. But how they are delt with when they happen.

Any way hope Tony gets his radio or compensation and that the worry he has experienced over this has not made him suffer any more than he already has.

The other shipping issue that was represented here had nothing to do with operator error. It had to do with the damage done due to poor shipping practices. The person in question may not know how to run his stuff. But this has no bearing on how he recived said item.

Again the issue is how things are handled when there is a problem.

Justin
HC714, thanks for your concern regarding this matter, but rest assured, the problem is being taken care of. I an overwhelmed at the fact that you follow my posts so closely, and worry about other people's problems, not like so many other people wrapped up in themselves these days.
posted 08/20/06

Just hate to see people get hosed.

I will say after dealing with "several" of the online repair/upgrade shops that only two I have dealt with has sent back a less than well packed parcel.
I'm not going to name names, but one of these handled it well, product was insured, the shop repaired at no charge and did all the follow-up, the other did not. I now have a radio that cannot be repaired without major plarts replacement due to the fact a radio(2970) was sent back in a box packed with newspaper*shrug* live and learn I guess

bcrewcaptain said:
I now have a radio that cannot be repaired without major plarts replacement due to the fact a radio(2970) was sent back in a box packed with newspaper*shrug* live and learn I guess

Think that's bad?

Some idiot shipped an FT201 (similar in size/weight to an FT101) to me from Canada...packed the very same way. Rear bulkhead was caved in slightly and the DC/DC converter mounting brackets and associated hardware were bent.

Lucky I know sheet metal as well as electronics...else that one would have been a write-off. :x

N8YX said:
bcrewcaptain said:
I now have a radio that cannot be repaired without major plarts replacement due to the fact a radio(2970) was sent back in a box packed with newspaper*shrug* live and learn I guess

Think that's bad?

Some idiot shipped an FT201 (similar in size/weight to an FT101) to me from Canada...packed the very same way. Rear bulkhead was caved in slightly and the DC/DC converter mounting brackets and associated hardware were bent.

Lucky I know sheet metal as well as electronics...else that one would have been a write-off. :x

wanna trade for a 2970 with no lights, low output and not all the buttons work?

rantsmiley.gif

Look in the sound off section the list just grows. Please be patient and wait on the hard earned money I got from you. Months are not long enough please wait longer, almost all closed up.

I honestly don't think that it's about folks following others post and threads any more closely then anybody else's , it's the Forum and that's pretty much what it's all about and what we do , sure there are are rules and regs to be followed but there also becomes a concern towards others as well. As HC mentioned , the list has surely grown and I personally do not think it's a conspearacy or a gang bang of any kind , most with complaints have been a lot more nicer then mine personally could have ever been .....it does look like the the bush has been beaten to death and the time has passed way more then it should have in many of these cases along with excuses being never ending. I can only hope that all these problems can be taken care of ASAP , I've personally been shipping goodies now for a good 5 years and by the grace of the powers that be (knock on wood) I've had very little problems what so ever and on the flip side of the coin , it seems like it has to do with a little bit more then where shipping is concerned. But on a more so serious note .......What more can anybody do about it ? or the Forum for that matter ? For the most part ......The Forum asks us to mind our own buisnesses in many of these cases and I can understand that , but I honestly feel that we as Forum members should have a concern for our own well beings as well as for our fellow Forum members. Why ? because I have personally done business with many members of this Forum and it has always been my responsability to make things right and do the best that I personally can to get things right the first time. I feel very fortunate that things have worked out for me with others concerning items sold or baught and that I personally have not had any shipping problems let alone product problems on top of everthing else. I can only hope for the good of a mans word and all Forum members at large (especially those that have more patience then I could ever have) that all these problems will come to a end ASAP. Enough is Enough

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.