• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Siltronix 1011B

mag69

Oct 2, 2005
MI
A friend of mine just gave me a Siltronix 1011B without the mic.
1. where can I get a mic for this old radio?
2. Can any non amp mic be wire for this?
3. Does anyone know anything about this old big rig? I know it's not 10 meter.
4. Is there any instruction out there for that tune and load radio?
He said it works good and its in great shape but can"t find the instruction for it.
All help is appreciated!

I have a 1011c.They work great on side band but on am it sucks!They have a really bad drifting problem and i dont know if its something that can be fixed.I wish it could be because the few times i have used mine i hated tuning someone in every few minutes.Power wise i see around 150 watts from mine.Good luck with it and let us know how it does once you get it up and running.

Rules of drifting

King Mudduck said:
I have a 1011c.They work great on side band but on am it sucks!They have a really bad drifting problem and i dont know if its something that can be fixed.I wish it could be because the few times i have used mine i hated tuning someone in every few minutes.Power wise i see around 150 watts from mine.Good luck with it and let us know how it does once you get it up and running.

If I recall, the rule-of-thumb was to minimize drifting on the 1011B, remember - Never turn it off.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.