• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

siltronix 1011c transmit on cb mod

copclyde

May 15, 2009
:headbang

Does anyone have the info to make a Siltronix 1011c transmit on cb? I have a really nice one, but it has a few issues. Would like to maybe find a tech that can fix it. Its super clean. If you know of someone or have the mod please let me know. Thanks Email copclyde44@hotmail.com

I used to have a Siltronix 1011d several years back and it was modded for 11 meters.From what I remember there was a tap on the coil that is located behind the front panel just to the side of the vfo box.I am sure that there is a mod write up that you can find here somewhere and maybe if you googled it chances are really good you can locate a mod

The one that I had worked great on 11 meter ssb ,it would go AM mode but since those radios are very prone to drift they are not a very good AM rig.....but if you let the radio warm up for a while they will settle down and the drift will be bearable...very tough old radio and alot of fun to use...I do miss the one that I had.

The 1011d and I think the 1011c came factory with a 8950 tube driver but you could run a M2057 and get a bit more power out of it ...about 100 watts with the 8950 and about 150 or a bit more on a good day with the M2057

Secret CB volume 1 page 46.
(NOTE. The "After" picture in the book is wrong)

Remove cover and VFO cover .
Unsolder coil with wire on end from terminal.
Scrape enamal coating from center of coil.
Solder a short wire from coil center to where coil was removed.
Replace cover.

Be sure to use a frequency counter to recalibrate the trimmer capacitors on the two bands. The unit will now operate on the lower and upper halves of the eleven meter band.

Attachments

• Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
:headbangDoes anybody have a smaller pic of the mod so we can see how to do this?:confused:

Pixresizer is a completely free easy to use program which will allow yout to easily resize most digital images.

Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer

or check the links resized to 800x600

http://img162.imageshack.us/i/picture056.jpg/
http://img154.imageshack.us/i/picture057k.jpg/

picture057k.jpg

picture056.jpg

picture056.jpg

picture057k.jpg

My Siltronix VFO model 90 has a problem - it is hooked up to a SBE Console II. It will tune the regular 40 channels; but it doesn't work on the upper freqs. Is there a 'quick fix' for this? I tried to set it with my freq counter and got nothing for the upper freqs. The adjustable cap doesn't seem to work - or am I to adjust something else first?

I'd like to get it working spiffy, as it is a very nice radio. I got it with the SBE power mic; sounds incredible on SSB or AM! Just no upper freqs. The S/RF meter also backwards modulates. It is kinda annoying, and I know there is a fix for that too. Just can't find it anymore...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned