• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio 2745

twa77

May 2, 2008
South Dakota
I just got a 2745 sirio 1/4 wave ground plane. It looks similar to the m400 except it doesn’t have the three little radials halfway up the radiator. It also doesn’t have the plastic braces on the ground radials. The mounting hub fits over a 1-5/8 mast. In bought an exhaust adapter and welded it on the end of a radio shack 1-1/4 mast. I will get my new coax Monday (LMR400) and hope to have up next week sometime. It gets windy here so I wanted something a little more low profile than my imax. I have an analyzer and will report back with results once erected. Should end up roughly 30 feet up in the air.

If-en it does wind load break, this is where it will:
upload_2021-4-23_15-59-46.png

There's a pressed in and glued brass pin that goes up inside the bottom of the vertical and high wind forces can cause the leverage of that long tube to break right there at the top of that pin. FEAR NOT! It's an easy fix. Ask me how I know...

Alternately, you could slip a piece of heavier aluminum tubing over it before you set it up.

I looked at that one too. What are the 3 little radials on the radiator. I thought maybe it was snake oil for a basic 1/4 wave. But maybe it adds audio gain. :sneaky:

Reactions: 86lidewell
86lidewell I have one new in the package. But I don't understand the metric measurements... I would like to be able to put it together shit I'm old!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.