• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sirio 5000

Johnboat

Jan 14, 2014
Does anyone know where you can purchase these? Do they have a permanent roof mount like Wilson?? Are they durable as far as hitting tree limbs thanks

H & Y Electronics. I bought a new one off flea bay before Xmas for $30 new in the pack but that was rare because I do troll.

They have a variety of mounts available. Trunk, Roof, Magnet. I would recommend sirio's magnet over WIlsons

I am a believer & all you gotta do is search the threads here for proof that its a wonderful antenna.

The whip is not designed for a lot of low hitting stuff but it does have a break over option.

I have one on my truck that I drilled out and put a 102" whip that I cut down for a great match and it's much stronger.

6 1/2 BASE LOADED MOBILE ANT. BY SIRIO PG 64-H&Y Electronics

*Don`t do it**Don`t do it**Don`t do it**Don`t do it*

Reactions: 1 person
The whip is not designed for a lot of low hitting stuff but it does have a break over option.

Disagree. I use the whip from that antenna on my Little Tarheel. It hits a low tree at least twice a day and gets bent to hell going under the max height barriers at drive-thrus and I once folded it up to fit in a suitcase when I took it on holiday abroad. Its 4 years old now.

So do y'all think they are better than a 102 inch steel whip?? I've always heard the whip was best you could get

It depends on where the whip is mounted, if mounted on the top of the roof like a mag mount, the 102" whip should perform better. I did what Charlie Brown did and cut a 102" ss whip down and fabricated my base load on my sirio 5000, I like it and it is definitely a much sturdier whip. If you aren't above 13-14 ft at the tip, you should be fine with a sirio pl5000 and the mag mount, although a permanent mount would be the best way to go. I have tried both the wilson 5000 and k40 and until you try a sirio pl 5000 it's hard to understand. The tx and rx is way better with the sirio, it's a taller antenna and better build quality IMO. Do your research as there are other antennas that if you hard mount, will work well, like a predator 10k or monkey made.

Disagree. I use the whip from that antenna on my Little Tarheel. It hits a low tree at least twice a day and gets bent to hell going under the max height barriers at drive-thrus and I once folded it up to fit in a suitcase when I took it on holiday abroad. Its 4 years old now.

WHat ever works bro. Theres a low telephone line on one of the roads around here. I cant slow down to 10 mph everytime i go under it. It bent my tuning rod when i hit it at 35-40 mph but it dont bend the 102" whip i cut off. Ive never bent one at 3-5 mph either... mine is pucked atop a 4x4 in the center of the roof.

Im just asking guys!! I'm in the woods a lot! I've always ran a 102 inch whip mounted on aluminum tool box!! I use radio a lot, but am no expert like you guys!! I just wondered would this antenna do better than the whip? And be durable

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.