• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Sirio GainMaster

KK4JW

May 18, 2022
Kentucky
Just picked up a new GainMaster at a great price. I was leaning towards another A99 or an iMax, but I just couldn't pass up the price on the GM. $149.99 with free shipping from Wal-Mart online!

I've read over the instructions, and have also read multiple threads on the GM. I still have a question though, regarding the clamps that hold the sections together. I've seen where some people "double clamp" the sections and I'm wondering if this is something I really should look into doing on mine. Also, is there any issue of water ingestion in between the sections? Water getting inside the antenna is something I'd prefer to avoid if possible. I'm unsure about adding a little thin layer of silicone to the sections where they mate together too.

I guess instead of a little silicone, I could tape up the mated sections and clamps with some good quality 3M electrical tape to keep moisture out?

Anyone here who has a GM or has experience with one care to chime in and offer some tips/advice?

Thanks!

Good purchase. I do not have experience with the GainMaster myself, but I have noticed that when they came out people were replacing the A99 and IMaxs with them. I had not noticed Wal-Mart's website, however I had noticed antennas showing up on Home Depot's website at pretty good prices.

Reactions: Brother DXer
Just picked up a new GainMaster at a great price. I was leaning towards another A99 or an iMax, but I just couldn't pass up the price on the GM. $149.99 with free shipping from Wal-Mart online!

I've read over the instructions, and have also read multiple threads on the GM. I still have a question though, regarding the clamps that hold the sections together. I've seen where some people "double clamp" the sections and I'm wondering if this is something I really should look into doing on mine. Also, is there any issue of water ingestion in between the sections? Water getting inside the antenna is something I'd prefer to avoid if possible. I'm unsure about adding a little thin layer of silicone to the sections where they mate together too.

I guess instead of a little silicone, I could tape up the mated sections and clamps with some good quality 3M electrical tape to keep moisture out?

Anyone here who has a GM or has experience with one care to chime in and offer some tips/advice?

Thanks!
What GM did you get, the 5/8 or the 1/2 wave one ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.