• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SKIP IS HERE

KBAG3255

Jul 11, 2008
Skip is here, but this year I am doing alot more westerly DXing.
Anyone notice a change in DX patterns or is it just a fluke?

Usually Ca is a big deal now its in every night. For the first time in 10 years
I hit Hawaii.

Any thoughts?

Skip who?

Skip is here, but this year I am doing alot more westerly DXing.
Anyone notice a change in DX patterns or is it just a fluke?

Usually Ca is a big deal now its in every night. For the first time in 10 years
I hit Hawaii.

Any thoughts?

Just kidding. I haven't heard Ca. or Hi. yet. However I am on the East Coast. But who knows, one day when the conditions are just right.....(y)

I've been getting mostly North/South conditions with a little to the East. During the last cycle I got a LOT of East Coast stations in my receive, but I'm sure conditions will improve... (y)

Contacting Calif is Not too hard..
Mostly it is mad easy to hit the small state of texas.

It is rare to hear Hawaii though..
Another rare one is Alaska..

Where did you catch hawaii from ?

i am in the great lakes an I have talked to Cali a cpl times an heard HI in ther a fw times. The other day I did all my dx'n to the east coast, whether it was on 10 or 11m :D

I think the contacts you make are dependent upon your QTH. Last weekend I made a few contacts into Canada, Alaska and Hawaii but I'm located on the West Coast. So far I haven't been able to make any contacts to the East beyond Montana/Wyoming/Colorado but I'm hoping to make some coast-to-coast contacts (like the last cycle) as conditions improve. ;)

IM no solar cycle expert here , but DX is usually like this in the beginning , as it grows stronger over the years , the patterns will change and you will no longer get the closer states or the same states your in, I like to call this Local DX. I say bring it on !! DX is always good for business. :) Have fun.

IM no solar cycle expert here , but DX is usually like this in the beginning , as it grows stronger over the years , the patterns will change and you will no longer get the closer states or the same states your in, I like to call this Local DX. I say bring it on !! DX is always good for business. :) Have fun.
What handle do you use? I go by mackmobile43 in the rockies, maybe we can hookup sometimes.

For the moment..

The DX is likely being driven by a yearly meteor showers

The June Lyrids is a low-rate shower during which you could see up to 10 meteors per hour during its peak.

Best days are typically 14th to 16th

Typically making for excellent north south DX

SKIP IS GETTING BETTER

Contacting Calif is Not too hard..
Mostly it is mad easy to hit the small state of texas.

It is rare to hear Hawaii though..
Another rare one is Alaska..

Where did you catch hawaii from ?

I am in PA (Philly)

This weekend was booming with Trinidad, West Indies, Grenada, Jamaica,
Bermuda and Central America contacts.

Also able to hit Nova Scotia and points North, which from my 20
is pretty hard to do for me.

I cant wait till this solar cycle kicks in

the other night I was tilkin into Cali for almost 2 hrs! that is not the norm for me. I even got into CO for quite awhile. It was fun while it lasted :)

I've been getting contacts that come in at 30-40dB's. I cannot even hear locals. I can only talk to skip contacts. Help! They won't stop and I cannot talk to friends around town...lol

Got AK today on 38 LSB. Mostly north and south contacts. Canada, British Columbia, and Washington all of the time. Sometimes Montana and Wyoming. Got Michigan awhile back. Not many eastern contacts. Using a Cobra 148 GTL and a 5/8 wave 30 ft above ground...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.