• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Skip

CB_User

May 5, 2007
Ohio
pyroforum.forumcircle.com
Hello,

Well, Interesting thing has been happening for about a few days now, I've been experiencing alot of skip lately, Has anyone else been experiencing this lately? Because almost ALL my 40 channels are full!

Thanks,
CB_User

CB_User said:
Hello,

Well, Interesting thing has been happening for about a few days now, I've been experiencing alot of skip lately, Has anyone else been experiencing this lately? Because almost ALL my 40 channels are full!

Thanks,
CB_User

My 40 is empty.

here in maryland it's been running from early AM till late PM at times during the day it goes to a low but really picks back up around 3:00 pm till late at night. all 40 plus below and above are crankin. been so good i have been able to do LSB on 37 & 38 on a bare foot mobile with an untuned wilson 1000 trunk mount and a cobra 148Fgtl. been talking dx on the way to the city then back home and on the base it's what i radio for glad it's opened up. i guese that solar blast helped out too. 929 in maryland.

I was rolling down the I-10 this evening talking to a buddy , just me and him and you could hear a pin drop in between us , some guy keys up and says hello and asks me what's my 20 ,(sounded like he was in the same town as we were) NOPE !! He was in Prescott Arizona !! to So.Cal , we talked to the guy for a couple of minutes and went back to are ratchit jawing. (-: Skip is very speratic around here , but what the hay !! Skip is in !! It's all good in my neighborhood. Anything beats the same old $hit ,different day syndrome around here. :)

minitrucker said:
i hear guys jabbering all the way from florida on chanel 6 hard too understand though cause here we dont talk with that slang

Most of the superbowlers run equipment thats chopped instead of tuned, and that doesn't help with understanding them either.

The skip has been rolling pretty good around Carlisle, PA, as well. For me, its more annoying than anyting else. Makes it impossible at times to converse with customers beyond a mile or two.

DTB Radio said:
minitrucker said:
i hear guys jabbering all the way from florida on chanel 6 hard too understand though cause here we dont talk with that slang

Most of the superbowlers run equipment thats chopped instead of tuned, and that doesn't help with understanding them either.

The skip has been rolling pretty good around Carlisle, PA, as well. For me, its more annoying than anyting else. Makes it impossible at times to converse with customers beyond a mile or two.

Them backswinging doesnt help either :)

The last several days have been smoken for skip shooters. Here in Indiana stations from Florida and Georgia have been booming. It's always funny when you can't talk to the guy 7 miles across town but some guy 700 miles away can hear you.

Normally I don't get into skip shooting all that much but I have to admit that this week has been fun doing just that. I have talked to people in San Diego and Arizona. Sounded like they were my neighbor. I was on 26.915. Last night on 27.185, the skip was still in there when I turned off my radio at midnight.
It's been a long time since I've heard someone from Arizona on my channel 19 when I'm in Denver.

funcritter said:
Normally I don't get into skip shooting all that much but I have to admit that this week has been fun doing just that. I have talked to people in San Diego and Arizona. Sounded like they were my neighbor. I was on 26.915. Last night on 27.185, the skip was still in there when I turned off my radio at midnight.
It's been a long time since I've heard someone from Arizona on my channel 19 when I'm in Denver.

26.915 is a good frequency.
I have heard people on there when all the normal cb channels were dead.

Freebanding is still risky. You can ask that guy in Texas that
got caught by the airport on that channel.

I just use the regular 40. It is safer.

The skip's been rolling heavy down here in Florabama too. Damn near every channel is noisy. Even on my barefoot mobile I'm picking up guys in Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin.... talking all over my buddies a couple miles from me!!!

Librium said:
Freebanding is still risky. You can ask that guy in Texas that
got caught by the airport on that channel.

I just use the regular 40. It is safer.

What's the story behind the guy who got caught? Is there somewhere that I can read about this?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.