• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So, how's the weather?

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
It's wet here. For the last six days it's been wet. It has been raining here since last Friday which coincidentally was the last day I worked. I had some extra time off this time around,six days instead of only four, and I had hoped to get some things done. Wrong! We got over eight inches of rain here in the past 5-6 days. Rivers are swollen and roads have been flooded but at least right here where I live we were not as bad as the southwestern part of the province around Digby/Yarmouth. They have gotten well over a foot of rain and are expected to see over 16 inches before things start to dry up today or tomorrow. The river right behind the house, and I mean RIGHT behind the house is literally only a stone's throw from my back deck. It has risen considerably but since the floodplain is on the opposite shore I don't have much to worry about. I have seen the water higher in the spring run-off but only a couple times.Right now it looks like the pavement is drying up so hopefully this is over. The Digby/Yarmouth areas were hit harder and there were even rumors of people seeing an old man leading animals in pairs down the road. :whistle: Needless to say many rainfall records were broken over the last few days here and I hope it is a LOOONG time before the new record gets broken. I just thank God it was all rain and not snow. :cry:

Water levels still rising in flooded Yarmouth County - Front - TheChronicleHerald.ca

Wow, that is a lot of water bro. A month ago was the rainy season here for us. Rained everyday for 2 weeks. we had over 18 inches and several towns were flooded. Nothing like what happened in 1999.

The past two years I spent the winter months in my shop freezing. I have been in there and it would be in the high 30's. Makes working hard. But not this year. This past monday I finaly got heat. I happened to obtain a 4 ton heat pump. And after replacing all the electrical stuff it now works. Went in the shop last night and it was around 55 degree's. Was in the mid 40's outside. With in 12 minutes it was a toasty 71 degree's.

So mother nature, bring it on! :)

There was a stationary low pressure system stalled off Cape Cod that was circulating and bring continuous rain to our area for the last week. I don't see the sun yet but I do see dry pavement.(y)

It's been in the 70's here in Nebraska but shit is about to change real quick. Today the high of 50 and windy. This morning we have very dense fog that has frozen to the roads and bridges so you can only emagine whats going on out there for the morning commute.

After today it all goes to shit even more we are talking the highs in the 30's with 30 to 40mph winds and rain for the next few days. That will make it feel just like ol man winter is back again.

I don't know whats after that as I'm afraid to even look but I will say it usually don't get anybetter than what I just explained until March.

I know its time to be thinking about moving I know that, 40 years of Chitty weather is beginning to get old real fast.

Cotton Mouth.

Well I woke up to the sun shining today.(y) It's about time. The temps have dropped some, down to a high of 50 today but the next few days will see them drop a bit further. I don't care as long as the sun still shines.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.