• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So Long, Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it is like surfing tv channels or listening to cb channels. There will always be things you won't like but there is plenty more to choose from.

This is by far the best radio forum I've found and the only one I come back to several times a week.
Glad you're back even if you don't agree with all of us.

Welcome back. Let me tell you a happy store about the forum. A little off topic, but mixed in with the colorful metaphors and amusing comments are great bunch of CB operators. I have picked up a few things here. A few months ago my 8 y/o son wanted a weather radio. I bought him a cheap china made handheld from a Cabelas. He was thrilled. He broke the cheap tin telescoping antenna within a week. From reading posts on the forum over the years. I picked some knowledge to cute a piece of 10 gauge copper ground wire to the correct length for the 162.xxx band. I wrapped it a few times to make a pretty coil in the middle. After attracting it to the piece of the original antenna. The radio received better than it did out of the box. Off color things may get posted, but no one ever tried to sell me a SuperWackPacked RCI 2950 on this forum.

Welcome back. Let me tell you a happy store about the forum. A little off topic, but mixed in with the colorful metaphors and amusing comments are great bunch of CB operators. I have picked up a few things here. A few months ago my 8 y/o son wanted a weather radio. I bought him a cheap china made handheld from a Cabelas. He was thrilled. He broke the cheap tin telescoping antenna within a week. From reading posts on the forum over the years. I picked some knowledge to cute a piece of 10 gauge copper ground wire to the correct length for the 162.xxx band. I wrapped it a few times to make a pretty coil in the middle. After attracting it to the piece of the original antenna. The radio received better than it did out of the box. Off color things may get posted, but no one ever tried to sell me a SuperWackPacked RCI 2950 on this forum.

Great story. There is indeed a lot of useful info here worth wading through the other stuff for.

Reactions: secret squirrel
This site is pretty tame compared to some of the CB boards out there. I was a member on one site for years and then found out one of the other members was posting unacceptable sexual content. I left and never looked back.

No question that this is the best site of its kind. Just took me a while to figure that out.
I'll be okay now. My previous modus operandi was to check out each and new every thread. No more.

Besides, I had to come back. You never know when someone will want to know the "what not to do's" of antenna making and I've done them all LOL. :ROFLMAO:

No one that starts the "I'm offended and leaving forever" thread has ever left. Even the ones that don't post again come back to see what everyone is saying about them. :rolleyes:

Maybe, 543. As for me, I fully intended to leave for good and at 64 don't care what others might have to say about me. Perhaps if I were younger. I just quickly realized I enjoy reading about radios and antennas and there is no pot of gold CB forum at the end of the rainbow. It doesn't exist.
So here I am. :)

Last edited:
Maybe, 543. As for me, I fully intended to leave for good and at 64 don't care what others might have to say about me. Perhaps if I were younger. I just quickly realized I enjoy reading about radios and antennas and there is no pot of gold CB forum at the end of the rainbow. It doesn't exist.
So here I am. :)
Riverman, glad to see you changed your mind. Being the same age, I get why you were leaving..........if I may, bear this in mind. God made your shoulders rounded so the s### would roll off!! Works well for me. Gotta say that most of the members on here are worthy of praise, and have helped me with good info and advice. Others, well, seems like you can pick them out after a while. As a good friend once said-" too thick to navigate, too thin to plow" ..........keep on broadcastin', someone will hear.

R71: Glad you reconsidered...Where ever your next radio endeavors take you, Good Luck!
I personally am sorry the Amateur part did not go your way. I think you would have made a good addition to the Amateur Community. That aside there is much knowledge here in so many variations of the hobby's and I personally have hung here many years due to the fact, that even after 50+ plus years of operating I still have much to learn.
CK, DB, Doc (Paul/lz) Wavrider, RS, Crusher, and so many others here have much to offer with their knowledge and experience. I still won't hesitate to ask a question when I get somewhere and go DUH!:LOL: I am 64 years old now and that seems to happen nowadays more times than I can remember.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
I get the most out of trying my best to help new operators get going and watch their progression, because I still do remember being "that newbie guy." :D
Enjoy
All the Best
Gary

Riverman, glad to see you changed your mind. Being the same age, I get why you were leaving..........if I may, bear this in mind. God made your shoulders rounded so the s### would roll off!! Works well for me. Gotta say that most of the members on here are worthy of praise, and have helped me with good info and advice. Others, well, seems like you can pick them out after a while. As a good friend once said-" too thick to navigate, too thin to plow" ..........keep on broadcastin', someone will hear.

Thanks, redbeast. All good thoughts.
Love your friend's quote!

Blue days, all of them gone.
Nothing but blue skies, from now on. (y)
(I think Willie sang that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.