• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So.. then.. this site allows discussion of illegal CB stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really supporting your case here guys...

My question for you is this: Why do you expect us to explain ourselves to you? Speaking for myself: I owe an explanation of my activities to NO ONE unless they have the proper credentials and paperwork in order AND we are standing face-to-face.

That said, I have a General class license myself, and I only work the ham bands currently. I did however, like MANY other people, get my start with CB. I have equal respect for experimentation conducted by CBers AND hams. In fact I don't think I would have the same understanding of RF power amplification circuitry if I hadn't done lots of research into what BOTH communities are doing, what tricks people are using, etc.

I do wish that mainstream CB amp manufacturers and designers would include filtering and avoid class C circuitry, but in this imperfect world there is always room for improvement. More importantly, I feel that the most "need for improvement" can be found on certain HF and VHF bands where licensed amateurs are routinely breaking the law (your allusion to your blatant misconception that "hams don't break the law" was just HILARIOUS.. tnx for the laugh).. Even the CBers that are running 20kW or more have little if any impact on my operating experience as a ham.

So where I'm going with this is that, IMO, CBers and Hams are just two different types of radio hobbyists. I have respect for DIYers and experimenters regardless of what aspect of the hobby they enjoy.

I especially know that there are more than enough "holier-than-thou" uber-dorks out there that haven't been laid in years, and so to compensate for the lack of self-esteem that stems from their ever-dry nether regions they go to places like here and QRZ.com to try to lord their elitist superiority over other people in any way they can. Because of the epidemic proportions of such activity, my final comment to everyone here is this:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLZ!!!!!!!

my $.02..

EDIT: didn't read much past the 6th page before I replied, so apologies if I'm beating a dead horse..

that, that, that, that,that,that,that, that,that,that.

pecksniff, i wouldn't elevate the status of a bigot.

pecksniff, i wouldn't elevate the status of a bigot.

Oh my..... have we demoted him to a mere "pecksniff" down from peckERsniff already?

And "radio bigots??" Surely not. They're the worst kind of bigot. Can't be any of them around here. It's against the rules.

Freakin' peckersniff Charlie Sheen is still the #1 search on google today. Unbelievable. I think "peckersniff " should at least be in the top 10. If we all try real hard and type - peckersniff - here in this thread a bunch more times maybe it'll make it.

And down here we call them peter puffers btw

dang!!!!!!

you gotta be kidding me! illegle is a sick bird! everyone knows that..ive recently joined, but i have been coming here for a while, the advice and perticulers of all persons that have responded to my questions have been nothing but up and up. Besides you do know that there is a freedom of speech deal in our constition right? I joined this site because all these fellas have helped me in the past on questions i could not figure out. So lets not make it a political site,,, lets keep er an AUDIO site...have a great day..
AUDIOCRACKER

Oh no, I have this site under my ham favorites!!!! When I'm on the radio, if I don't like what is going on. I change the freq or shut it off!

...if I don't like what is going on. I change the freq or shut it off...
angry_greg_head_explode_sm_clr.gif
Stop using logic! I am thoroughly enjoying this back and forth - for and against!
killingme_01.gif

discipline.gif
Shame on you loosecannon. Why do we have to resort to name calling? If you don't agree with KD8DVR or whoever - just don't read the thread. Obviously, this turned out to be a very popular thread - wouldn't you agree? Myself - I can't get away from this thread - I love the interaction (both sides) it has started.
killingme_01.gif

KE3W, it does not bother me at all that you dont understand what's going on here. :whistle:
LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.