• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Somebody goofed at ARRL.....

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
After buying the Gordon West / W5YI test books a few months back to study for the General test I took in January, I cut out the special offer provided on the back page to join the ARRL. This offer included (of course) a year's subscription to QST Magazine, and the ARRL Emergency Communications Handbook.
I've been waiting since the beginning of January to receive a membership card, the book, and the magazine....nothing so far....
Yesterday I e-mailed their membership division and requested somebody look into whether they received my application...(since it did have my credit card info on it)....and if so, where was my stuff......

Got a reply today.....
Seems they entered my address wrong, and they owe me back subscriptions to QST, my book, and all the other goodies associated with a new membership...

Now, I wonder who, if anybody was receiving my QST subscription, or if all that stuff ended up in the dead letter bin at some post office......:confused:

You would have thought they would of at least confirmed my information via e-mail before shipping it out to the wrong address.......:glare:

Now once they get their act straightened out, I'm going to inform them of my call sign change......:eek:.....hopefully that won't screw them up too badly.......

Now once they get their act straightened out, I'm going to inform them of my call sign change......:eek:.....hopefully that won't screw them up too badly.......

NOW you're asking for a screw-up!

Well at least that part you do not need to involve them.

When you get your QST there is a number you will use to get your membership started on ARRLWeb: ARRL Home Page like for setting up your arrl email address and such.

This will also allow you to submit changes (y) under member profile

Well at least that part you do not need to involve them.

When you get your QST there is a number you will use to get your membership started on ARRLWeb: ARRL Home Page like for setting up your arrl email address and such.

This will also allow you to submit changes (y) under member profile

Thanks Hamer.....
I had noticed that some HAM's have an ARRL e-mail address, and was wondering how they got it. I've about had my fill with Comcast, and the way they constently screw with my e-mail. I was thinking about starting up an on-line account with Yahoo, or one of those services, but maybe I'll wait and see about using the ARRL system.....what the hell, membership costs 40 bucks a year, might as well milk it for all it's worth......

Then again, if they administer their e-mail client the same way they do membership applications, that might not be a totally safe choice either.....:confused:

Thanks Hamer.....
I had noticed that some HAM's have an ARRL e-mail address, and was wondering how they got it. I've about had my fill with Comcast, and the way they constently screw with my e-mail. I was thinking about starting up an on-line account with Yahoo, or one of those services, but maybe I'll wait and see about using the ARRL system.....what the hell, membership costs 40 bucks a year, might as well milk it for all it's worth......

Then again, if they administer their e-mail client the same way they do membership applications, that might not be a totally safe choice either.....:confused:

It's just an email alias, it's not a separate system you still need an ISP with an email account.

It's just an email alias, it's not a separate system you still need an ISP with an email account.

Please explain what you mean by an "E-mail alias" and not a separate system.

Does that mean they just redirect the e-mails you get under the "@ARRL.com" to your existing account....?

I'am looking for an e-mail account that's completely independent of comcast, like Yahoo, or MSN. I already have one Yahoo account under my old "N2ITH" call that's automaticly redirected to my comcast account, don't want another one like that, I want a whole new on-line account.
Another reason for doing this is because my wife and I decided as soon as Verizon Fios is available in our area, we're dropping communistcast pronto, and getting our TV, Internet, and phone service through them. This way I'll already have an alternate e-mail account established, have my e-mail account changed with all those things I'm registered to that require an e-mail account, and have all those in my address book notified and using an independent account......

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.