• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sorry , im day dreaming again .

B

BOOTY MONSTER

i was wondering for folks with campers and rv's , could they use a H dipole front to back propped up a few feet from the roof ? it would be directional but some would like that . anyone ever tried that ?

I can't answer that one but back in the day we would use a metal chrome type tape on the roofs of motor homes. Making a large square and then a giant X from square the lenghth of the motor homes roof.(This was to be our ground plane)

We would use a bracket in the middle of the square (I can't remember the number on that but IM sure there still around) We would use the K-40 in the bracket , for some reason or other they always matched out better then a Wilson 1000 would.

We would usually get under 1.5 on both ends of the band with this set up. After all was said and done , we would use a rubber type sealent on the tape to water proof it. Back in the day , this installation paid rather well.:) Customers could safely run about 200 watts with this set up.

Haven't tried it on my RV, but it could work. Some RV's (like mine) have aluminum studs in the walls and roof. If that's the case, you need to get it up above those studs a bit, but it would work.

Would it work? It can certainly be made to. As for it being directional, it just depends on it's distance away from dirt-ground and how that RV 'fits' in to that. Below about 1/2 wave length above 'ground', forget directionality, mostly. And like all antennas, what's around the thing will affect it's radiation pattern (lumpy/bumpy, sort of 'skootched' this way an that).
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.