• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SSTV and the ISS

Paul-W5lz

Jul 12, 2017
Not bad considering how I was having to do it. Two passes, last one over Nebraska.

upload_2017-7-21_0-0-18.png
<--Pass 2

upload_2017-7-21_0-3-47.png
<--Pass1

I don't have the required cables to make a 'hard-wired' connection between computer and radio. That means I used the radio's speaker held next to the computer's microphone to get the signal to the SSTV program. Lots of ambient noise, wind, sneezing, coughing, muttering about what a pain it is, etc. And then I'm using a vertical antenna, can't 'follow' the thing. Nearest it go to me was like Nebraska to Oklahoma. Hey, it worked, but not even close to 'well'. I don't normally 'do' satellite stuff, would rather do SSTV on the HF bands. But... hey it worked!
It's been something like 5 - 10 years since I've done any SSTV, so re-learning all that stuff over night was fun too.Lots of, "That was easy, why didn't I remember that?!", ...stuff (cleaned that word up).
Oh well...

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
LOL I hear ya on the not the best idea part but it worked and that is all that matters. I have done a few hair brained things too in the past that resulted in a good contact despite all odds. :D(y)

.... edit...It's been something like 5 - 10 years since I've done any SSTV, so......

A LOT has changed in the last 10 years, many are now doing DIGITAL SSTV,..... every pic is P5.

Some even move..............!!! YEAH, SSTV that is NOT "SLOW" single frame pics.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...c.com/&usg=AFQjCNFHUJMnCPRlsxatWxMBQnbSgkbRjA

image1

note: the above pic is actually a LINK to a site. it may or may not be the same pic I posted. if the pic on the site updates to a different pic, this one will update too.

Somehow, its just not the same as Analog SSTV. Some of us old pharts still do Analogue.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.