• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stacking a set of 4,s

excavator701

May 23, 2005
what are the advantages or disadvantages and is there more gain with this setup than say a laser 4 or 500 and how much room do you have to have in order to do this!!!!!!!

Cophasing 2 x 4 element will give you 2-3 more db gain if they are seperated enough.Stacking is best done up and down.My setup was a maco 4 at 60 feet and a maco 4 at 36 feet on a 72 foot crankup.The best thing that comes out of stacking is a cleaner pattern the top lobe gets knock down lower.

That 2 - 3 dB gain is right. Also probably what you'd get if you doubled the number of elements of that '4 element' beam. Big difference mechanically, not really all that much difference electrically. Other than the differences in the radiation patterns (more F/B with the stacked antennas), I'm not real sure either is worth the trouble, at least not for me on HF.
- 'Doc

I'm returning the pop and "other beverage" cans for the deposit to fund mine. Since it's Canada Day up here I think I'll go out on the new deck and start contributing more to the cause. :LOL:

QRN,
Oh, sure! The only problem is paying for the place to put them, cuz they sure as @#$$ won't fit on my place now. Not even sure the 'dirt' in the yard would support the required tower, rotor, etc.! Stand still out there, especially now, after the last two or three days of rain, and your knees usually get wet/muddy. If it wasn't for the required oxen and fertilizer, I'd raise a rice crop.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.