• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stereo Bluetooth Headsets with VX8R?

tahrens

Jun 13, 2009
Hi Folks,

I've used my plantronics with the vx8r, with ok success, but
was wondering if anyone else has tried to use it with any
of the Stereo BT headsets.

I've got a Motorola S305, and can't get it to pair.

Just curious.

thanks,

Tim W5FN

Yes A2DP is a different protocol if it's not supported by the device it will not pair (it won't work as mono).

I saw your post in the other thread about motorcycle gear.

What you need to now from all the devices are two things,

1. What protocol does the devices support.
2. What profiles does the device support.

Any decent manufacture should be able to provide you with those specs. before you out lay any cash. If the protocols are supported in both devices that the first thing. The devices might support different profiles but as long as the profile is supported in the device it's ok.

One option that will work is using Yaseu's BT Stereo headset (BH-1A and FEP-4). The FEP-4 connects via short wire to the BH-1A and because of the hole in the BH-1A it is NOT waterproof. I have the BH-2A (mono and waterproof) and really like it. It looks dorky but works great. Both TX and RX are loud and clear. Hope this helps.

One option that will work is using Yaseu's BT Stereo headset (BH-1A and FEP-4). The FEP-4 connects via short wire to the BH-1A and because of the hole in the BH-1A it is NOT waterproof. I have the BH-2A (mono and waterproof) and really like it. It looks dorky but works great. Both TX and RX are loud and clear. Hope this helps.

I think he wants to use it in in motorcycle helmet and that Yaesu BT mic isn't going into a helmet.

Hi Hutch,

Does the Yaesu stereo headset use a different
protocol than A2DP?

Oh well, it was a shot!

Thanks,

Tim

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.