• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Straight Microphone extension cords

I'm not nomad but there's a thread around here somewhere with that discussion. Heil makes one and then there's the workman you can sometimes find too.

Edit with thread

I bought a 25’ roll of Heil straight microphone cord from DX Engineering. Don’t remember what the cost of it was.

I have used quite a bit of it. Works well. I do not like coiled microphone cords at all.

David

For a 4 pin mic, starquad mic cable (the type typically used for XLR cables) should work well, and you can get the connectors on Amazon, Digikey, etc. If you need more than 4 conductors, shielded network cable like cat 5 should work. Make sure you use the mic audio and mic ground on the same twisted pair, and the PTT on a different pair to prevent noise. If you use network cable, I would recommend using a stranded wire variety rather than solid core.

Reactions: sp5it

here ya go!

it can be bought in longer lengths as well.

I had a heck of a time finding some for a project and there it was on ebay the whole damn time.
LC

I started looking at mogami cable since you mentioned it. I had never heard of the name before. Any idea which model of cable I should be looking for? They have a huge number of products and I got quickly confused
i hear ya. there are a few options. here is the page with all the specs and options for you to browse.

Mogami or starquad cable are going to be much better than any cb mic cable, they are very well shielded

Reactions: sp5it
Ideally the audio wires would be in a separate shield from the control wires. But if it works, it works.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.