• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Strange signal on Imax2000

rumblefish

KD2NDZ
Nov 26, 2011
Point Pleasant NJ
I recently put up an Imax2000. I'm getting a weird sounding signal on 27.190mhz that is wiping out my receive on ch.19. The noise wasn't present on my old sirio gpe27/5/8 wave. It wasn't present on the wilson 1000 in the mobile either. Another oddity is my imax picks up the wx stations beautifully, where the sirio didn't hear any weather stations,not even faintly?! Has anyone else experienced something like this? :confused:

Here's a strange noise I get on channel 23...sound anything like it? (not the static...wait for it)

If ya can, try and do like I did and post a video so we can hear what it sounds like...

Here's a strange noise I get on channel 23...sound anything like it? (not the static...wait for it)

If ya can, try and do like I did and post a video so we can hear what it sounds like...

Unfortunately I don't have the means to post a video. The sound I'm getting is similar to yours except it's more rapid and has a nasally tone. It doesn't seem to have a steady pattern to it,happens at random times through out the day. sort of digital sounding and super loud. maybe I can record it and post an audio file.

fish, could be a remote control device(or other shared radio service) licensed for 27.195 that is just a bit off frequency.

Sounds like it could be a mouse. if it is, and it behaves like my wireless mouse did, keying up whenever you hear it will probably convince the owner to buy a new mouse rather quickly. my cursor would freeze whenever I keyed up.

Reactions: BBB
Sounds like it could be a mouse. if it is, and it behaves like my wireless mouse did, keying up whenever you hear it will probably convince the owner to buy a new mouse rather quickly. my cursor would freeze whenever I keyed up.
My mouse is hardwired. I did have a wireless one, but when I keyed the radio the mouse stopped working. I thought It may have been my cell phone, but no effect. 12:30 am. the noise started again. I made sure all the computers and electronics were powered down, including the router. The interference was still there. The noise has no set time that it happens. I thought maybe it was one the neighbors security alarms. That didn't resolve anything. I googled 27.190mhz. It shows this is a cb frequency used in russia, but there is no way this would be the culprit. I'm going to try to build my self a loop antenna to see which direction it's coming from. I just hope it will hear the interference. Wish me luck in locating the source, I'm going to need it. Thank you for the replies, every little bit helps.

I never said it was your mouse. Why would I suggest keying up so the cursor locks up so you'd buy a new mouse? you could just buy a new mouse instead of keying up over your own mouse until you got tired of not letting yourself use the mouse.

I never said it was your mouse. Why would I suggest keying up so the cursor locks up so you'd buy a new mouse? you could just buy a new mouse instead of keying up over your own mouse until you got tired of not letting yourself use the mouse.
Boy this thread got way off track!!! You said it "sounds like it could be a mouse" . I had, past tense, a wireless mouse. I replaced it with a hardwired mouse about two years ago to fix that problem. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post. I was just trying to show that the interference signal is an external one and not coming from my immediate neighborhood.

Yep, grow lights will do this, just ask TBA02. He will tell you all about it! Only thing is they will be consistent. 18hrs on, 6hrs off, then cut back to 12hrs or less after certain time period. But the interference will be constant most likely. Also if you have neighbors, it could be motion lights, a solar panel, wireless router or a host of other things. Best thing I've found is to get a cheap hand held CB and do some walking around. I have found quite a few issues around me this way. Good ol fox hunt. At any rate, good luck with finding the noise and don't get yourself in any trouble by walking onto other people's property. Did that once and boy it didn't end well LOL! Have a good one.

Reactions: rumblefish
Yep, grow lights will do this, just ask TBA02. He will tell you all about it! Only thing is they will be consistent. 18hrs on, 6hrs off, then cut back to 12hrs or less after certain time period. But the interference will be constant most likely. Also if you have neighbors, it could be motion lights, a solar panel, wireless router or a host of other things. Best thing I've found is to get a cheap hand held CB and do some walking around. I have found quite a few issues around me this way. Good ol fox hunt. At any rate, good luck with finding the noise and don't get yourself in any trouble by walking onto other people's property. Did that once and boy it didn't end well LOL! Have a good one.
That's a good
Using a little 40 channel walkie-talkie sounds like a really good idea. I'll have to try that. If I do find out where that most annoying sound is coming from I'll post it. thx 73's.

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.