• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Strange...

I know what you mean Tony, I am currently looking for another amp. This one works and will do for now. I would like to find a base amp that is direct AC powered for base use or a good sized mobile amp. I am looking into a fatboy. I know I could build my own amp if I could collect enogh parts. I have what's left of a 2 pill and some plans to go by.

T23

Since I'm a big believer in customizing amps, I still feel that it would be a very simple job to add feedback and spruce up the grounding a little..

Nothing wrong with buying a better amp, but you can very likely get your skeleton much closer to up to snuff with very little effort.

At the end of the day, it's whatever makes you happiest that matters, so I'm not trying to be pushy.. just giving my opinion.

Last edited:
Yupp an hour or so of time and a few parts and yours would be good to go. Ill have to remember your looking for a AC base amplifier I have a few here and will be weeding through them. The one Im thinking of needs a new power selctor switch put in I was moving it oneday to get at something else and it slid down and just a few inches and landed on its face breaking the power selector switch a $60.00 part that p!$$ed me off when that happened.

Sounds good Tony, the amps I have seen localy have been decent but there to far for me to drive. One was a 1x3 sweep tube amp dk 250 watts and swung about 500 watts with a 2 watt dk input, he wanted $100 for it, it was about 30 years old. My skeleton I have 6 watts dk input after reading the pills datasheets 5 watts to drive eatch pill a maximum output so I averaged it and 4 watts input eatch pill is what I came up with but I put 6 watts dk into it because that's where the SWR is lowest. I had another 2 pill that is just parts now that when operational put out about 150 watts. Just as my skeleton puts out here.

T23

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.