• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 channel expansion to 11 meter

I'm wondering if the shops will work on the radios that they've sold or will they also work on a radio they didn't sell?

I'm not sure if this place sells, but it's the recommended service center for Stryker. I've dealt with him twice and I'll tell ya you'll never find a more personable and accommodating guy in the business.
Wakulla Electronics
2219 Crawfordville Hwy
Crawfordville, Florida
(850) 366-8415

Gregg

I believe Bob's only works on stuff he sells. Superior CB is a service center for Ranger/ Galaxy/ RCI and Magnum. I don't know if Scott's really does repairs? Best bet would be to call or email them.
I appreciate the information. I'm realizing for us non-technical guys that's going to be a big plus in buying.

Is a Stryker 955 V2 going to be able to be sweetened up a little bit, align or whatever like that.
No golden screwdriver junk. Lol
Supposably this one's just been converted and maybe a dead Key brought down to 2 watts... and that's supposed to be all.

Is a Stryker 955 V2 going to be able to be sweetened up a little bit, align or whatever like that.
Supposably this one's just been converted and maybe a dead Key brought down to 2 watts... and that's supposed to be all.
Those radios are pretty good out of the box. And there are adjustments in the service menu to put it on frequency and adjust the modulation among other things. But if it works, I would run it and see what it does.

I'd just use it, no need to squeeze out an extra few watts that won't really make a difference.
But if you're convinced that you need to, Scott's does take alignments.

Reactions: Keto
I'd just use it, no need to squeeze out an extra few watts that won't really make a difference.
But if you're convinced that you need to, Scott's does take alignments.
Yeah with good reports probably be the best thing like you guys say, just leave her alone.
I guess if it's not broke don't fix it right?
Probably not even worth the cash and effort, nothin' much to gain I suppose.
Thanks for the input.
Since all of my boxes are low drive, might eventually look at 4 pill or the likes, just to make it easier to cut through the muck.

Reactions: Eldorado828
The Stryker 955 v2 and the Anytone 5555Nii are the exact same circuit inside.
The Stryker just has more chrome, more functions on switches instead of in menus, and those godawful blue lights.
These radio work very well out of the box, no need to mess with the service menu and possibly brick the radio.

Reactions: Keto
The Stryker 955 v2 and the Anytone 5555Nii are the exact same circuit inside.
The Stryker just has more chrome, more functions on switches instead of in menus, and those godawful blue lights.
These radio work very well out of the box, no need to mess with the service menu and possibly brick the radio.
I'm used to the old know type radios grew up talking on 'em.
I don't mind the light thing at least they can be changed to a different color and dimmed.
New to the menu driven radios , I sure won't dare touch the service menu.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.