• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

I have 4 Quixiang built radios.
1. Anytone 6666
2. Anytone 5555NII
3. Top Gun Quad 5
4. Stryker 955v1
It amazes me that the most expensive of the bunch, the Stryker by a good margin, has the shittiest channel selector ever seen in this hobby! And it's still not fixed?
This sounds like a Stryker specification problem due to the fact that Quixiang obviously knows how to do it right!

JD
They were supposedly fixed. Maybe the early V2s got some left over parts

I thought this was quite interesting. Someone on the official Stryker FB group asked about the pros and cons of the 955 this morning. I explained my issues with the first radio, and now encoder issue with the replacement radio. didn't give it another thought. 20 minutes later I get a phone call from Stryker offering to send me a call tag and take my radio back for repair. The extremely polite lady tells me that they don't want any dissatisfied Stryker users, and they are willing to resolve the issue regardless of what it takes. I told her to put a note on my account that I had already reported the issue, but decided to wait a bit longer to see if it gets worse. She said that was fine and go ahead and contact Shawn at any time if the problem becomes unbearable. She even gave me a direct line to her desk.

I thought this was quite interesting. Someone on the official Stryker FB group asked about the pros and cons of the 955 this morning. I explained my issues with the first radio, and now encoder issue with the replacement radio. didn't give it another thought. 20 minutes later I get a phone call from Stryker offering to send me a call tag and take my radio back for repair. The extremely polite lady tells me that they don't want any dissatisfied Stryker users, and they are willing to resolve the issue regardless of what it takes. I told her to put a note on my account that I had already reported the issue, but decided to wait a bit longer to see if it gets worse. She said that was fine and go ahead and contact Shawn at any time if the problem becomes unbearable. She even gave me a direct line to her desk.
The encoder on my V2 955 is getting pretty flaky too.

Amazing (tech support reaching out to you first). I don't think I've ever had something like that happen on any complaint about any product.

Amazing (tech support reaching out to you first). I don't think I've ever had something like that happen on any complaint about any product.
I was truly surprised. BUT, this is their FB group. They don't want negative comments. Never the less, I was really impressed. And, since I do have a V1 sitting here on my shelf, I will take advantage of that offer in a little while.

Hopefully this is better late than never. I don't have a v2 schematic to give part #'s but If the inside of your 955V2 looks like the one pictured at @ Bell's, then it appears that E18 (on v1) is missing. It looks like there was a place on the silkscreen for it but it was left off.

1667910778546.png
That is a 1000uF 25v cap and adds capacitance for the power going to the 2 finals. It might explain why SSB sounds bad and voltage is not stable on TX. You can see it on the v1 schematic and parts layout:

1667911093487.png

1667911245124.png

It certainly can't hurt to add it, IMHO.

Good Luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.