• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker HI/LOW switch

KC2OST

BANNED
Mar 4, 2007
Does any one know how to put a HI/LOW switch in a Stryker?
Some thing to kick out the pill perhaps?
Or some other way of doing a HI/LOW thing?

You know, to drop the output, not the carrier.

Librium said:
Does any one know how to put a HI/LOW switch in a Stryker?
Some thing to kick out the pill perhaps?
Or some other way of doing a HI/LOW thing?

You know, to drop the output, not the carrier.

I'd have to see a board layout with the front panel and a schematic

and let me get this right you dont want no swing just a DK of say like 2 or 4 watts straight no swing?

librium, you cant turn off the amp. but you can control the rms output level of the radio.

aaa yes the rolling radio way.. why go anywhere else?

bighammer said:
librium, you cant turn off the amp. but you can control the rms output level of the radio.

aaa yes the rolling radio way.. why go anywhere else?

He does a good job of doing just about nothing to radios :shock:

librium, i have heard alot of radios tuned by this one and that one. as for exports, i can take one turn up the mod pot and sound better then most all of them tunes. gimics to make it look like your radio is going to do all this and that is just that a gimic.

but the best thing is we do have a choice.

as for your original question. peak can be controled by the mod pot. no real reason for that. the mor important rms output of the radio can be controed easier. to do that id have to tell you the rolling radios way.

have a good day all

It would be nice if I could just turn off the damn amp.
Completely disable it.
Had the Radio open once and unhooking the power to the amp made the radio not key.

Didnt wan't to get into why, so I soldered it back and shut the lid.

Why would you want to do this?

If it's like a Galaxy 48 or 95T once you disable the amp the radio will only do 10 watts. I would guess that a Stryker's power would be way less than that with the pill disabled if the radio would even work at all!

Then you should sale it and go with a Cobra or Uniden radio with a digital echo board or get a larger amp that will stand that much drive. Because i would be willing to bet that with that pill disabled in the Stryker it would not drive any amp worth a Damn!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.