• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SP-655HPC Schematic and block diagram

1nce upon a tech

Sep 26, 2016
Can anybody give me a hand with a schematic for this radio? Just getting things back in order after being away for a while with radios. Good friend is asking me to get back into it and purchased this radio. He drives an asphalt truck that destroys radios and I want to be ahead of the game for when he calls me to say it's broke. The radio did not come with a schematic. Thanks for at least reading.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Google is your friend;

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/stryker/sr_655hpc/index.htm

Similar radio schematic albeit with the SSB stuff in it;

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/stryker/sr_955hpc/index.htm

It is not uncommon to have CB Tricks list schematics for a similar radio to the one you are looking for. You need to know what main PC board the radio is based off of and look for similar or "sister/ twin" radios ;)
Thanks BBB. I used to use CB Tricks for several things and have passed some older stuff on to him about 15 years ago. I noticed the no schematic for the 655. Not sure the 955 will match very much. SSB will change the radio so much internally.

Most of the time the SSB circuitry traces are there in the AM/FM models, they just leave out the SSB parts, haha.

Most of the time the SSB circuitry traces are there in the AM/FM models, they just leave out the SSB parts, haha.
Had him bring the radio over and looked inside. HaHa, you seem to be correct. Never noticed that on the older radios. Thanks so much.

Let me bring up a old thread, I'd like to see the 655HP schematic, but even now in 2021 it doesn't seem there is one out there, the reason I was looking is because I want to modify the clarifier or add one due to a lack of the 655 having one, I'd like to be able to slide in 1k increments, almost like a vfo, and that may be a software hack, but I can find zero information on making the 655 behave as my old galaxy would, it would at least slide 10k either way, if anyone has any info on such, I'd definitely appreciate it.

Thanks

The Radio does have a "Clarifier" of sorts. May not be like a traditional one but it does shift the freq. in 5Kc increments up to 10 Kc down or up. It may not be in 1Kc increments like you want but with AM being 6KHz wide, you will hear everyone in between the 5Kc jumps.

Owners Manual:
COA: This control operates slightly differently than a typical clarifier. At the 12 o'clock position it will be at +0K, tuning one click to the right will add +5K and once more to the right will add +10K. The opposite would be true when turned to the left from the 12 o'clock position. The first click to the left would be -5K and the second click would be -10K. You will find that this is much more useful than a clarifier typically is on an AM/FM radio.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.