• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR447HPC 2

Thought about getting one. Prices hovering around $220-$280. Waiting to hear one on-the-air to see if the HiFi audio claims are legit.

I don't need it unless it outperforms the SR-955HPC on AM. Doesn't mean I wouldn't get one if the price was right ;)

No takers yet? Don't make me buy one of these. My boy turned 16, car being repaired, must look away from Stryker web site, can't stop searching lowest price, must stop, must stop...

Reactions: 222DBFL
Skip it. Transmit is not wide. There is no AMC VR inside the radio like the 497/955... (There is a place for it, but a SMD jumper across it). The radio requires SMD surgery for it to have more than 80% modulation...

Also smaller than a Cobra 25... Way overpriced...

Some reviews I have seen around the net, say they are great radios with a lot of features in a small package. Some reports i have seen say they tune up with a pep of 70 to 100 watts, with great modulation and a excellent receive.

You might be able to get that many watts tuned up out of one, but it most likely look like crap on a scope and will most likely take a crap not long after it's bought. Tuning a dual MOSFET radio to its max like that is not needed as no one will tell the difference between 40-50, or 70-80 watts. As long as the modulation is set correctly and the negative peaks are kept below about 95% to allow for a little headroom, or under 100% technically speaking, those radios should have good audio even with the stock mic. Now if you added a good fan to the back and most likely also need to beef up the heat sink on the rear and some way for the hot air to escape properly, then maybe you could get away with adding 2 most mosfets and making it a 4 final radio. If that possible. I am no tech, so I could be so far off base, but I know 2 of the mosfets being used should do about 35-50 watts pep depending on how the radio is tuned. I would rather cruise the radio along and let it stay cool and add an amp if you need more power. It would take 160-200 watts to make a 1 s-unit on someone on the receiving end far enough away that you don't obviously have his needle buried before you fire the amp up. Might want to wait a few more weeks and see if they come out with anything new. Or if you have the extra dime get one!! But don't have it tuned to the max and have it stop working after a couple months as the finals will eventually blow. JMHO's. Enjoy if you get one, if it were me I would save my pennies and get the 955 or if you aren't a 100% AM and use SSB as well, you might want to look into some of the newer HF radios out. Some of the prices are just low IMO, for what you get in a radio. And they will do 100 watts all day and not burn up!! Anyways, like I said, if you get one keep it clean and mean. And have it tuned by s good tech. Best way to have it done IMO. Then you don't open the radio and leave the seals intact and if it does have issues you don't have to worry about getting it fixed. Anyhow. Just my nickel worth of info LOL!!

Thanks. Not really concerned about max power output as long as it has the required 1:4 Carrier to Peak ratio capable of producing good AM modulation.

I am however, very curious about Stryker's claim of HiFi or wide band audio. Understood that the stock mic may not wake that feature up, but maybe a good power desk mic like a Turner +2 would. $tanding buy, haha.

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.