• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super rare RCI 2900

Oct 8, 2014
Hello folks, back again with a super rare, great working and excellent talking RCI 2900. Radio is in excellent shape, works perfect and super loud audio. These are really rare and don't come up often as they did have problems right from the factory. This has zero issues and includes the original stock microphone. Before it goes up on ebay I figured I'd offer it up here. $200 shipped, lower 48. Paypal only

Attachments

• 20160907_204610.jpg
    20160907_204610.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 198
  • 20160825_084016.jpg
    20160825_084016.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 196

Hello folks, back again with a super rare, great working and excellent talking RCI 2900. Radio is in excellent shape, works perfect and super loud audio. These are really rare and don't come up often as they did have problems right from the factory. This has zero issues, besides the meter lamp is out. Includes the original stock microphone. Before it goes up on ebay I figured I'd offer it up here. $200 shipped, lower 48. Paypal only

I like the look of it! Good luck with the sale!! Someone will be getting a nice radio it would appear!! (y)(y)

Same here. I'm trying to find room to place a couple radios so they aren't just sitting in the closet. But I find it hard to want to use a different radio LOL! I use my IC746 and on SSB 99.9% of the time, so it's hard to want to use something else! I did hook up the optima mk3 and am going to use it for now. Been a while since I have even been on that radio!! Over a year. Anyhow, hopefully the radio will sell!! It's definitely a different one!!

Very nice little rig I had two of these about 20 years ago or so, the only real problem as I remember is that there is no back up battery so every time you unhook it you have to reset any memories you had stored.

Actually It was know as the Galaxy Uranus back in the early days, and also sold as the Sommerkamp TS 789. And like the 2900 many did suffer from early problems. The 2950/DX2000 radios replaced them.
It is a rare radio here in the US.

Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.