• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Superscanner antenna Yeah!!

radiohobby

Dec 21, 2010
Oklahoma
Just got my superscanner up and loving it. Been so long since I had one up had forgotten how nice it was to turn a dial and make a signal get stronger or make it go away. Had some truckers hitting me with about 1 or 2 s units and put the pattern towards and they went up to 3 or 4 and then put the pattern away from them and they were gone. I like it.........

They are a great antenna,dont run over 500 watts through it though.I ran one for years...Then went to Sig.Eng. Thunder8b...the same idea...but with 2 balums,and fires North South,or East West...both great...73s from cold and icey Missouri,hehe de JW

They are a great antenna,dont run over 500 watts through it though.I ran one for years...Then went to Sig.Eng. Thunder8b...the same idea...but with 2 balums,and fires North South,or East West...both great...73s from cold and icey Missouri,hehe de JW

I've sent them several emails about that antenna but still no reply:mad:

Bought the dang thing new sometime around 90 or 91 I think and finally got a place where I can put it up. Luckily I bought a control box off ebay a couple of years ago, the new one is bad and the used one works great. I wish they still made these antennas, just glad I bought one back when I could. Going to have to check out that other one you mentioned.

These are pretty cool antennas I have 3 or 4 of these and extra parts here I was saving them but so many people would be using them as I am not so Im selling mine aswell they will go fast no doubt and like I said they are cool electrocally switched beams forsure.

I may keep one to tinker with and I often say if someone would desect one of these and start remaking them or a simular copycat they would sell like hotcakes at the Ihop on breakfast deal day.

Took my bad control box apart and did some testing. Found the bulb for the se control circuit was shorted out. Remove the bulb and found the two leads inside the white cover were touching each other. Fixed that and now have two good control boxes.
Have you already sold those spare parts that you had? If not I might be interested in some of them if I can afford what you are asking.

Here is a picture of it. Not very high right now, hope to find a cheap tower to put it on at some point.

Attachments

• superscanner.jpg
    superscanner.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 23
I had one and ran it for years untill it got destroyed in a storm. Really liked it very much. Saw one listed on E-bay not too long ago for $ 500.00. Thought that was insane. I'd love to have one again.

That antenna would be worth fabricating with a better phasing harness.

I'll bet people would buy them.

Someone may be able to make some money and it won't even take any snake oil.

Oh man, these antennas are all over the place here. Most of them are left over from the 1970s and ill bet i can get them for almost free.

kamikaze I also say people would buy these if they were remade nowdays ad bs you suggested I also agree there is a few things that they could actually focus some extra attention on and make these even better.

If parts were not so scarce Ide love to experiment with one of mine for a few of the other bands. I was actually thinking about donating one to an antenna company I have in mind if they would look into and consider manufacturing an antenna like this or simular.

Zman,

I would be interested in buying a few of these antennas is they are in good condition if you say you can get them for almost nothing.

Cotton Mouth

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.