• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

switch

scout943

Apr 22, 2005
New York
This is going to sound stupid but can I use an on/off volume control switch from an old small transister radio as a plain on/off switch? I want to shut off a 9 volt battery on a microphone when it is not in use, the switch has three tabs for wire connections, if it can be used this way how would I wire it, I just want to put it between battery and microphone on the battery wires its a new switch I have lying around just thought I could put it to use. Thanks in advance Joe K.

The "three tabs" you're referring to sound like they're for the volume control part. If this is indeed a combined on/off switch and volume control, there should be two more terminals for the switch. Use a multimeter to check.

Can just the switch part be used by itself? Sure.

I did check with meter,and no matter which of the 3 tabs I check with the switch clicked on or off I still get continuity this switch is ment to be soldered to a circuit board it has 3 tabs plus 1 on each side. I thought the side tabs were just to hold on the board. Thanks for the reply I will check it again. Thanks alot BEETLE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.