• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

swr function

rockymount622

Oct 5, 2012
Rocky Mount, N. C.
Hello, Please bear with me as I am a Newbie.. I purchased a cheap Workman SWR-3P Meter to tune an antenna I put on my pick-up. It came with a tiny antenna. There is no documentation with the meter as to how it is used. Does it have to be on the meter for it to work properly? Thanks in advance.

The Workman 3P is a dual meter.
Left meter is power at 10 watts max.
The right side is used for SWR measurments.
Switch the meter to the SET function.
Turn the adjustable control to min.
Key up radio.
Advance the control to make the meter read full scale to the red set line on it's scale and leave the control at that setting.
Switch the meter to the other position and read the SWR on the scale.
Remember your reading a 'ratio' of forward to reflected power at the power level available from the radio.
This is why you need to use the 'set' function to use as the reference for the ratio reading
The small antenna is not used for these functions. Do not have it connected because any possible direct pickup would affect the meter reading.
Good luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.