• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR TALKING METERS ?? WHAT ARE THEY ?? WHO MAKES THEM ??

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about these meters ? ...I've heard them over the air a few times over the years and was just wondering Who makes them ? are they any good ? and how much are they ? ..thanks S-K UPDATE ....this is what I found ..LDG Electronics
now what IM trying to get at here is ...does anyone know how good these might be ? ...I know a guy that has one and his seems to fluctuate a lot off a A-99 antenna ...one time he will check it and it will read 1.2 another time it will read 1.6 and so on ? ...sometimes it shows he has reflective power and other times it doesn't ? These meters are 150.00 smackers !!! ...if his is doing what it's doing ? ...IM really wondering if this meter is truly worth the cash ? ....thanks
[img]http://www.ldgelectronics.com/images/TW1%20Front1.jpg

LDG electronics makes pretty good stuff, from what I've seen, although I've never used this meter. It wouldn't surprise me too much if the SWR fluctuates a little on a fiberglass antenna like the A99. Some wind, making it whip around, a flakyy connector or solder job, etc, could make it show a little different here and there.

i didnt know about the languages .....im going to have to tell the neighbor to slide his into spanish mode for a change (-:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.