• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

talking skip with members

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
when trying to shoot skip is there some thing we can call out or listen for that what identify us as being on this forum with out referring to this forum?

I say this to eliminate trolling...

and what about making some thing like 27.4350 USB some sort of forum calling freq?

Last edited:

when trying to shoot skip is there some thing we can call out or listen for that what identify us as being on this forum with out referring to this forum?

I say this to eliminate trolling...

and what about making some thing like 27.4350 USB some sort of forum calling freq?
Some Hams use an internet voice chat website to notify other Hams when they will be on the air, and on what frequency. By using our online handles, we could do the exact same thing! The website is: CB Radio Chat and you can even access it from your tablet or smartphone.

well i for one would love to have a WWRF frequency, but we cant just pick one and be done.

we all know that if we picked a freq. that within a week we would be "blue waffled" if you know what i mean. (FYI i find that guy hilarious)

i think we need to pick three freqs. so that if one is being jammed, we could use another, or another.

and i would also say that we should throw the numbers thing right out the window. that is, unless its part of your user name here.

we should exclusively use the name we use here when on those freqs.

i am of the opinion that using numbers on SSB is useless unless talking to stations outside of the US.

no one cares about SSB clubs, or SSB etiquette anymore (well some do, but many dont) and i think that the use of numbers just makes it all less personal.

how am i supposed to remember that ive talked to the 525 in Alabama before?
BUT, i would definitely remember talking to "dirty undies" out of Alabama! LOL

This is something that ive thought about for a while, and i still wonder why the internet user names are not used on the radio much?

maybe its because your handle has been with you since before the internet was around, but maybe just for DXing, we could all start using our "internet handles!"

I hope this idea takes off, as i would love to actually hear some of the stations of the people i talk to here an on other forums.
LC

Reactions: 2 people
Good post.

I've actually started using my screen name when calling CQ on 38 and 555.

BTW, anyone hear the dude on 38LSB today giving out the names and street addresses of Blue Waffle, 4444 and a few other malcontents? Pretty hilarious, the guy actually sounded like he knew plenty of details on these morons.

x2

yes you made some good points some one like me with little experience missed

If we can all work together I hope this takes off..

I have made contact with a couple of members here. Its nice to put a voice with the profile and such. It surely would be nice to have our own freq. but not all have the capabilities to go over or under the normal 40 channels. Around here 36 seems to be the least active channel, with 38lsb being the busiest and 37 & 39 are a close runner up. But anyway it's always a pleasure to make good contacts. I like adding to my log book.

I seem to remember something about a live chat option being installed on this forum. Can't recall what was discussed, maybe it just didn't gain traction.

I don't want to be a buzzkill, but I've seen this sort of thing on numerous forums and it never really works. People play at different times and conditions change by the minute and it just generally doesn't work as people migrate back to the popular frequencies.

However, if you can make it work, more power to ya!

I too have seen this thought of before. I have to admit it is a thrill to talk skip to a member here. As for a frequency to call our own you must keep in mind not everyone has extra channels or ssb. I won't buy a unmodifiable radio myself but many do.......as for names I always use both when calling DX. Bamm Bamm 173 South side of Chicago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.