• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tech license info

Cat Driver

Feb 2, 2007
Lake of The Ozarks
Going to take the test this weekend at a Ham fest where they are giving them. Just wondering how many out of the 35 questions you have to have right to pass. Can't find this info anywhere. Might even try the general while I am there...

Ron
ol'fart

If you haven't already done so, start taking the practice exams on eham.net.

They will tell you what you need to pass, I think it is at least 27 out of 35.

Once you are passing every time, try moving up to the general exam, and take it over and over till you can pass it, too.

If you haven't already done so, start taking the practice exams on eham.net.

They will tell you what you need to pass, I think it is at least 27 out of 35.

Once you are passing every time, try moving up to the general exam, and take it over and over till you can pass it, too.

I've got the tech exam down to 33-34 right every time now. I am gonna start trying the general exams today.

I thought maybe you had to have them 100% to pass, couldn't find anywhere that told how many you needed right..,

THANX SIR...(y)

Ron

element 2 tech 26 of 35 = 74%

element 3 general 26 of 35 = 74%

element 4 extra 37 of 50 = 74%

good luck

Also I believe you can take the general for free after you pass the tech, at least that's how it was for me. So being prepared for the general might pay off. I did not know this when I went for my tech, so I did not study the general at all, and wasted the opportunity. Good luck

Also I believe you can take the general for free after you pass the tech, at least that's how it was for me. So being prepared for the general might pay off. I did not know this when I went for my tech, so I did not study the general at all, and wasted the opportunity. Good luck

AA is correct, you can take multiple tests in one paid session. There actually have been some instances where individuals have taken and passed all three elements in order, in one session for one fee. So you can do a two-fer or a three-fer if you want.

Good luck and when you pass let us know when your call is in the data base.

Wayne C.

Once you pass the Tech exam, you will receive a CSCE; a Certificate of Successful Completion of the Examination. Which gives you 365 days to take your next exam for free, and gives you all of that time to prepare for your General exam. BTW - I am studying to take the General exam in the next week or so too.

When you take and pass the Tech exam, the VEC's (Volunteer Examiners; they give you the test and score it after you are finished) - and will egg you on to take the General exam. If you studied for that one ahead of time, you may pass. I studied for the Tech and didn't study for the General, so I didn't pass the General. But you can still use your CSCE certificate for your General exam within those 365 days to take it again.

Study, study, study. I spend about an hour or so every night and take many practice tests on www.qrz.com until I get over 90%. Then the next night I repeat the process, taking the next practice test in order. The first 1-11 tests are the ones to concentrate on, but you could also do 12-23 if you want. They repeat themselves and mix the same questions at that point after that. The more time that you spend on the practice test will provide you with the best chances in passing. I got a 100% on my tech exam using that method. You may want to get a copy and read the book "Now You're Talking" as your study guide. Between the practice tests and the book, there is no way you can fail...

When u go in to take ur exam, u can take as many as u want for one fee. But if u go again in a month or so, u pay again. It is not free upgrade within a year.Before code was dropped altogether, if you went in a passed ur general written, u had one year to pass the code too, for ur general. That is where the one year came from.
Rich
N8FGB

Took my Ham test today for my General license.
PASSED!!!!!
Only got one answer wrong.
ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!
Thanks, Guys!

Took my tech today an only missed 1, that damn current over resistance or something like that. I always pick the wrong damn one....hehe

Went on an took the general while I was there, hadn't studied 1 lick on it, an only missed gettin' it by 2. I'll study up this week an go take it again in a week or so.

Ron (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.