• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Telescoping Antenna mast

Tripple Nickel

Jun 21, 2013
Monroe, Georgia USA
Looking for a decent price & shipping for 20-30 ft. mast, other than whats listed on e-bay. Surely someone
knows where to find one. NEW OR USED doesn't matter. Let us hear from you. and good evening to you/yours.

The problem with metal push-up poles is that you get hit with a oversize freight charge to ship one. Have you checked your local Radio Shack? I think they can still get the 30' push up masts I used to buy from them in the 80's.

I also picked up a 30' fiberglass military mast kit off eBay and I like it more than the metal masts. They are lightweight, easy to assembly and stable. The sections come in aluminum as well and are pretty cheap.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=301485048493

Last edited:
I have an 11 metre Hilomast pneumatic mast and its great. Collapses down to about 9ft. Weighs over 150lb so not exactly portable but it holds up my rotator and hexbeam just fine. Guyed its survived 70MPH winds OK.

Thanks to all that replied. Frye's had what I was looking for. R/shack locally doesn't sell them anymore.

Same here Crusher! 30-50% off all items and some items more than that. Just got a text last night from a friend telling me this. Might have to head there today and try to find some stuff I probably don't need

Reactions: binrat
Radio Shack hasn't sold those poles in decades...Last one I bought I got at Home Depot, but they also have quit selling them, last place I seen them at was Fry's, and Texas Towers. If there's any HAM Radio shops in your area I'm sure if they don't have one, they can get one.

Radio Shack hasn't sold those poles in decades...Last one I bought I got at Home Depot, but they also have quit selling them, last place I seen them at was Fry's, and Texas Towers. If there's any HAM Radio shops in your area I'm sure if they don't have one, they can get one.
Appreciate info, just looked @ your place, really nice set-up. Looked like Southfork, 3's to you/your's. Good day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.