• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR SETUP

Kenwood TS-440SAT
Cobra 139XLR
Cobra 138XLR
Cobra 148GTL
Anytone AT6666
RCI 2970 (SMT board with bipolar driver and finals and Toshiba 2290's in the amp section)
Palomar 300a
3 el Hygain horizontally polarized at 36'

The radios are listed in order of preference. I just finished the RCI restore last night and was monitoring 38LSB with it. I finally ended up turning it off and listening to the 139XLR. Much quieter receive (Thanks to unit_399's suggestions!) The 138 has been modified the same as the 139 and will rival it in performance in every way. I have other radios I will put inline at times but the ones listed above are permanent fixtures to the bench.

David
Your 440 could be a bully on the AM airwaves with a swap of the ceramic filter. One of the most easiest and cheapest radios to mod for HiFi or wide audio.

Reactions: TheRATT
Yaesu FT 991 A, Icom IC 9700 with leo bodnar GPSDO, Diamond x7000N 2/70/23, Horizontal squalo 2/70/23, Imax 2000 Old model 10/11/12/15 Fritzel FD 4, 80 to 6 meter, vertical for 160 to 18 with MFJ 998 legal limit tuner and Heathkit SB 1000 rebuild, new 3-500 ZG.
Yaesu MD-1 microphone, EQplus from W2IHY.homebrew callgenerator build in.
Spare Yaesu FT 847 with 2 Collins filters, Several handheld radio's Superstar 360 old one, and 5 bander all mode Cb radio with digital frequency read out and channel read out, both not used anymore, AM/SSB/FM/CW.
2 x CN 801.
Several other stuff as usual after 46 years being a ham...

I have a NEW ICOM 7610 & an ICOM 9100 with both Optional roofing filters & the D-STAR module installed. I hope to get the New tower & antennas up soon & until then I'm using the Antron 99 at 30'. for my HF QSO's. I will plug in the ICOM PW-1 as well once the HF & 6 meter yagi antennas are back in the air as well. I have an ICOM 2730a for VHF & UHF with a Diamond V2000 vertical at just 30'. In the mobile I have my ICOM 7000 with the Little Tarheel HP.I also have the ICOM 4100a & a Diamond 7500SG.
I forgot to mention that I use the RED HEIL FIN with the 7610 & either the HEIL PR-781 or the EV RE-320 with the 9100.I have (7) HEIL boom microphones & those mentioned are my Favorites.

Reactions: TheRATT
FT101ZDMK3
FT1000Da
FT2000D
BROWNING MK3s
TRAM D201A
RC12995DXCF
GALAXY SATURN
Mosley Pro 67 b3
Mosley A-511
A bunch of D104s on my CB stuff and a Heil pro 7 headset for others.
Got a few Alpha amps the 9500 89 and 78. An old 10 tube D&A Phantom a Pride DX300 and a JB 150. Got one more 11 meter piece for when I need to put the boxing gloves on which shall remain nameless lol.

Reactions: Keto and TheRATT
You mean a Ceramic/Glass hybrid!!! :love: :cool:
Yes, metal involved in tube components.
The origin of the term "Metal Tube" is based on description that comes partially in the discussion of the ANODE Cooling Fins. I always get a kick when I hear/see "Metal Tubes." Those "Metal" fins are removeable in some cases and reused from tube to tube. the Svetlana GS35B/GI7B are good examples.
Not criticizing, I just always found a chuckle when I hear the "Metal Tube" term used in regard to "Higher Power"
Metal jackets used to help cool tubes have been around since 30's. There were several variations where metal jackets or enclosure were used to help cool and protect the interior... 6AG7/6L6 were tubes had metal enclosures in some variations.

OK! I am bored ...I'll move along...Thank You very much 73:ROFLMAO:

1000430.jpg

Russian power triode GS-35B (ГC-35Б) with maximum anode dissipation of 1,5 kW. These tubes are well known in the DIY world and used in many projects. As you can see from the gallery it has a copper heat sink for forced air cooling. Heat sink is removable and if you remove it, you will get the GS-35A version of the tube.
img_34141.jpg

Shack pics would be nice to go with these posts!

My shack:

Kenwood TS890S
Kenwood TS590SG(used as a sub receiver for TS890)
Icom IC-7000
President HR2600
Galaxy 979

Expert 1.3k amplifier
RM Italy KL7505 amplifier

AEA R-84 Ribbon mic
Kenwood MC-60 mic
Icom SM-30 mic
Heil GM 4 mic
Turner +2 mic

Elecraft KAT500 HF auto-tuner
MFJ-923 VFH/UHF tuner

Kenwood SP-890 speaker w/Phonema upgrades

Kenwood SP-23 w/Phonema upgrades

Mosely MP-33NW 5 band 4 element beam

ZS6BKW wire inverted V antenna

Diamond X-50A 2m/440 antenna

Yeasu G800DXA rotor
HY-gain YRC-1 rotor controller

1/2 and 3/8 inch Heliax cable for beam antenna

RG213 coax for HF wire antenna

LMR400 coax for 2m/440 antenna.

RG8 used for all in shack patch cables.

DXE MC20 FC and MC201-1 choke baluns

Other items include;

Telepost LP-100A and Amertitron AWM-35 SWR/Wattmeters, LDG MC-900 external meters (for TS890), MFJ-1263 dual radio/mic switch, Alpha Delta 4 and Delta 2 coax switches, Alpha Delta ground rod mounted polyphasers, Astron 70 amp p/s, MFJ-1104 w/Anderson power-pole 12v power strip, Anderson power-poles connectors used for all12v components.

All radio's are coax routed to acess SWR/Wattmeters, HF tuner and amplifiers (except the Galaxy CB radio on the amps).

For use with the ribbon mic:

Coudlifter Z mic impedance activator powered by an Art PHANTOM Pro phantom p/s.

Behringer XENEX 502S mini mixer (for patching in and mixing audio into headphones from both Kenwood radio's when running in main and sub receiving mode). Inrad INR-W1 stereo headset, AKG K240 studio headphones,

Kenowa 10.5 inch external LCD video monitor used on the TS890 for more shack eye candy!

Software programs include Ham Radio deluxe, PstRotatorAZ, Kenwood ARCP 890/590, Eterlogic virtual comport software,

Last edited:
Reactions: unit_399
Shack pics would be nice to go with these posts!
My shack is underwhelming LOL! Unlike most of you, I only have one radio hooked up at a time. And my shack is just a desk in a corner of my shop building. So right now it's just a Kenwood TS-140S sitting on a desk with a Turner mic.
Everything else is piled up on shelves until the day I get bored of whatever I'm running right now and want to play with a different radio!
I can assure you there's no bling, chrome, racks of whatever, or those hideous blue LED's that people love. Ugh.
I will attempt to post a picture shortly just to see if I can LOL!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.