• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Ranger 696F-SSB

rmstaff said:
My final words to them was regarding word of mouth!
Not into spamming them! Lots of good folks on their forum and the problem is mine! ;)

With CBRT you post something bad and you and your post are gone fast!
All of the cb shops from that forum are rip-off hack shops.

Librium said:
snip
With CBRT you post something bad and you and your post are gone fast!

I think you are right Librium. If you look around, you won't find any negative posts there.

Another thing you don't regularly see there are technical answers posted by the shops. They seem to avoid those questions like the plague. Here, freecell, SS8541, DTB and others that own shops regularly post highly technical things. It makes you assume that many of the folks over there are not capable of that type of discussion and that is why you always see them answer questions in pm's. I don't have any paperwork to back that up, but it just seems logical. You would think they would want to "show off" their electronics prowess if they had any. 1 Stop's forum suffers from the same problem. I might be wrong, but if I am, they are making themselves look less than proficient in electronic theory by being so secretive.

Mopar

ya kick there asses then ask questions later....
pfft this is why i have equipment and stand by my word in tuning or anything....but what ya gona do...just don't send that base there,nohow!!!!

ranger is going to ream you some to..take my word on this..
a lot of places are slowing down..and say there backed up!
ya you know what there backed up in ..freaking radios they can't fix!:lol

Peace!!
had to let that out...
bottom line is you will loose a bit and then see the light in getting a refund if not a full refund from clays crap..
only time a radio is swinging backwards is when the tech overdrives it in the output stage or when your using a amp and over driving that!

Thanks for the PM Cold Beer!
I am sort of staying low key at the moment till I hear from Ranger. My complaint about Clays now is they did not accept the radio back as their guarantee states. They sent me to Ranger which will probably give me the run around!
I never opened the radio. The fellow from the Post Office Store who packed it to go to Ranger turned it upside down and there was something rattling around inside which may indicate damage in shipping from Clays to here.

Anyway it goes it is only a radio and if Ranger does not fix it or replace it under warranty I will confront Clays.

My bank indicates they will get a full refund for me if everyone declines to honor the warranty.

That's a lot more shops than I thought were in Florida. Have a fellow 2 miles away called Sandpiper who has been in the business for 30 years. He does only tube linears now as he says there are no real techs anymore to fix them!

Appreciate the response and I will keep Carl (Screwdriver) in mind. I ordered something from their shop a few months past.

Have an old President Washington with channels and D-104 I am using till the Ranger issue is resolved. A Dwight D on the shelf.

Time will tell Lords! Waiting for a call from Ranger! Bet they are real busy also!! For real! :roll:

Received an e-mail from Ranger this afternoon.
They were not able to figure how the damage to the radio occured.
I was notified that any altering of a radio voids the warranty including the modifying Clay's did. The damage inside the radio seemed to be damage during shipping. Perhaps a hard jolt.
As it stands Clay's gets a pass, I get a new radio and will act accordingly in the future as to modifying a radio through a reputable individual!
Can't say anything bad about Ranger except they sent the new one via a "Slow Boat to China"! :LOL:

Appreciate all the thoughts, advice, and info.!!

Regards

Bob (Triple 7)

Whoops!
UPS at the door at 7:10 this evening with a package and a note from the Technician at Ranger.
" This radio is sealed and "ANY" Modifications voids the warranty!

They shipped radio back same as I sent mine. No complaints there.

A happy ending unless I get stupid and send it out for mods! :roll:

you can have mods done by a respected tech,however it will
void your warranty as ranger stated.but the warranty is good only 1 maybe 2 years so after that time i wouldnt send to ranger after warranty runs out

Ranger warranty is two years.
Not going to compare Galaxy against Ranger as to who will fix anything as I have not tried Galaxy and their warranty!
Ranger replaced a modified radio which they couild have returned! That impressed me!

Think Galaxy has a DX radio out I may try as my next radio!

That's what you call customer service. 8) I have one but without the NOAA weather feature. I am leaving it stock for now, too bad Ranger don't sell direct to the public. :(

clay's radio shop

I agree i own my own shop and you should stand behind your work regardless of who's problem it was!.You! are the consumer,and should have satisfaction.Clay's radio shop should have took the radio back and payed for shipping,plus sent you a new radio(peaked&tuned)and they should have gotten reembursed from ranger!.Sorry to here about your problem's with his shop,i'll grant you i wont be buying anything from that shop!. bigun :shock:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.