• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Ranger _6900F Jumbo

ButtFuzz

Anti-BS Advocate ● WO0WOO ● Reverend Doctor
Aug 11, 2005
Sunny Salem, VA
robco.ath.cx
Radio has been sold! (Just like that!)
Thanks, BJ.

12 Bands of 40 channels.
Covers 12, 11, Freeband, 10 meters.
Course clarifier unlocked from factory.
This is the original series of this radio and was intended as an AR, as witnessed by the lack of echo and talk back on this radio. Later, RCI succumbed to the market and added echo and talk back to this series and guess what? It caused them nothing but problems!
"BIG FINALS" -- I do not recall if they are 2X SD1446s or MRF455s, but this radio will EASILY do 150 watts PEP on SSB all day long.

6900_1.jpg

6900_2.jpg

It works.

$190 Shipped ConUS, and it is heavy.

Comes with stock mic (you DO NOT need some over-modulated gizmoid with this radio.) and molex power cord. There are no brackets for mounting, but a kit can be purchased from eBay for about $10 USD. Note: takes same bracket as 148 GTL, Galaxy 88, etc.... but due to size of heat sink, you must put the bracket on top and 'hang' the radio. A bracket will not fit underneath for desk mounting.

PM me here or leave extraneous commentary on this thread.

Later,
Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudfoot

12 Bands of 40 channels.
Covers 12, 11, Freeband, 10 meters.
Course clarifier unlocked from factory.
This is the original series of this radio and was intended as an AR, as witnessed by the lack of echo and talk back on this radio. Later, RCI succumbed to the market and added echo and talk back to this series and guess what? It caused them nothing but problems!
"BIG FINALS" -- I do not recall if they are 2X SD1446s or MRF455s, but this radio will EASILY do 150 watts PEP on SSB all day long.

6900_1.jpg

6900_2.jpg

It works.

$190 Shipped ConUS, and it is heavy.

Comes with stock mic (you DO NOT need some over-modulated gizmoid with this radio.) and molex power cord. There are no brackets for mounting, but a kit can be purchased from eBay for about $10 USD. Note: takes same bracket as 148 GTL, Galaxy 88, etc.... but due to size of heat sink, you must put the bracket on top and 'hang' the radio. A bracket will not fit underneath for desk mounting.

PM me here or leave extraneous commentary on this thread.

Later,
Rob

If it's an older model which I believe it is, look at the year it was built, and maybe serial #. ButtFuzz noted it has big finals. Most likely mrf455's, 2290's or 1446's. All capable of 150 watts out of 2 of them. Should be a good radio. Pop the lid and take some photos when you get it or if ButtFuzz will before he ships it or if he hasn't boxed it up yet that is. Keep an eye on the temps. Don't have anyone mess with it either. No need to mess up a good working radio to get a few more watts out of it. Sounds like BF has it dialed it and ready for action!! Have fun with it.

If it's an older model which I believe it is, look at the year it was built, and maybe serial #. ButtFuzz noted it has big finals. Most likely mrf455's, 2290's or 1446's. All capable of 150 watts out of 2 of them. Should be a good radio. Pop the lid and take some photos when you get it or if ButtFuzz will before he ships it or if he hasn't boxed it up yet that is. Keep an eye on the temps. Don't have anyone mess with it either. No need to mess up a good working radio to get a few more watts out of it. Sounds like BF has it dialed it and ready for action!! Have fun with it.
I have no intentions of messing with it, was just curious regarding finals...I think this model cane out in 1999 or there after...Thanks for the info. 222DBFL 73

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.