• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 1600v Queston

cbraydio

Dec 30, 2012
I recently acquired a Texas Star 1600v. Everything seems to be working fine but...with just the power " on " push button switch depressed is the relay supposed to engage when you key up even if the driver, final, and preamp switches are not pushed in (off)? Although there is no effect the relay still goes crack everytime I key the mic when just the power button is pushed in. Thank you for your help.

Disregard, I for some reason thought you had said this was your first amp purchase. The 1600V is a beast.

Last edited:
1600v

No. Not even a purchase...a gift from a retired CB'er. I have it hooked up as a base with two 90 amp power supplies. Just seems strange, why should the relay be energized for no reason. I was curious if this is normal.

Yea that does seem odd. This is the one that lets you run as a 2 pill, 2x8, or straight 8 right?

1600v

Yes, three different configurations. But...the driver stage is so padded down that it's like running a mosquito when used by itself. It has the built in thermal activated fan and blue face plate lamps. Anyway, as minor as it is, this relay thing is annoying me.

Cool. You might do a member search here, there is a guy that goes by Texas Star Repair. He used to work for them and I guess still does repairs. You could e-mail or PM him your question and I bet he could answer it or explain whats up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.