• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas star modulator

I remember when we could buy them for $86 bucks in case lots.......

Jeff
Yep but back then everything was cheaper, hell everything was cheaper until the last election.
I find them locally for 100-150 sometimes but the supply of used texas star amps has dried up in the last few years. It used to be they would pop up on my saved searches on several sites daily but i get very few now maybe one every few months. I hate letting go of something i only have one of and will sometimes sell but at a price i could realistically replace that item for.

I don't have a TS, but I do have an old school Palomar 250AB1 (with a pair of SD1446's) in it that's only been used as a driver for a big amp. Sold the big one, and forgot all about the cute little box. Don't need it anymore, since my current HF rig puts 200W right out the back.

Untested I would have a hard time going more then 50-75 on that. Might work great..........might have a toasted final or some other issue.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.