• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TH-D72 & ISS

APRSPerth

Sep 22, 2009
Hi All,

Wonder if anyone has had any success with Digipeating via the ISS utilising the TH-D72 as yet?

I THINK I have everything setup ok.

I am using the 'Others' digi path with a '*' marked next to it. I have entered ARISS into the path... Im guessing thats all that is required?

I had a 25 deg pass today (27FEB) with a Mag Mount on the Car and nothing heard :-(

Am I doing something wrong or does another setting need to be tweaked?

Cheers, Duncan - VK6GHZ

I haven't tried it with the TH-D72 yet, but I don't see why it won't work with the settings you indicated. I'll start watching for some up coming passes and give it a shot.

I just got in using the TH-D72 with those settings. It was a 10 degree pass using a ground plane antenna on the roof of my house.

Thanks very much Moleculo, much appreciated.

I did have some success using the base setup with these settings although 5W and a Mag Mount don't seem to 'cut the mustard' on some passes :-(

Cheers, Duncan

Get an arrow, elk, or build a directional antenna and have some fun on the FM sats with that nice HT. The duplex capability makes it perfect for AO-51, SO-50, AO-27, SO-67 when its active over North America and HO-68 when its in FM mode(currently inactive)

Just use VFO A for the downlink and adjust for doppler and VFO B for the uplink

Duncan,

You have the right settings to access ISS via APRS.

I did it this morning (Sat 05/03/11) when we had an excellent overpass here in NSW. I got in with the standard rubber duck type antenna using 5W and got the "My position Via RS0ISS" back.

Great fun.

Gerard
VK2JNG

(y)

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone has had any success with Digipeating via the ISS utilising the TH-D72 as yet?

I THINK I have everything setup ok.

I am using the 'Others' digi path with a '*' marked next to it. I have entered ARISS into the path... Im guessing thats all that is required?

I had a 25 deg pass today (27FEB) with a Mag Mount on the Car and nothing heard :-(

Am I doing something wrong or does another setting need to be tweaked?

Cheers, Duncan - VK6GHZ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.