• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thanks Loose Cannon

Stellasarat

Sep 17, 2013
after receiving my Uniden Madison. I was totally surprised that the new mint condition this rig is in. I'm not a purist but after seeing how really nice this Madison is I've decided to leave it in the original untouched condition that it's in. this Madison made me realize that I am NOT a single sideband person person. The reports I've gotten on am actually surprised me. The fact that the clarifier is locked makes it a bit difficult to qsl on ssb so I may Concider doing the unlock clarifier mod. At the moment I'm happy putting it in the am rotation. It's the only transistorized cb I own and I'm shocked at the excellent reports on am. It came with a black and silver d104 that actually has an aesthetic/Madison sticker on it. Wheather it was made by aesthetic to match the black cover/silver molding of the Madison, I don't know. What I do know is that the Mic sounds great on this rig. I was also plesently surprised at the reception of the uniden madison. It came with the two speakers Marked madison. If I ever catch the ssb bug, I know I will have to unlock the clarifier and in that case I may Concider going all the way with and add the frequency counter, uppers, lowers and replace the meter bulbs with those blue ones. For now I'm gonna leave it the way I got it, stock. If you remember it was the president madison I really wanted but after waiting so long without a very nice president m showing up I purchased the uniden. I've read the president madison is so much better, in many ways than the uniden madison. If that's true I would actually Concider a future acquisition of the president M. For now I'm happy with it and am looking forward to using it on my soon to go up a99. The last time I used it was on my only antenna, a wire dipole. It's strange how I thought the Madison world look out of place amongst all the older tube rigs but it actually fits in very nicely. If anyone one who hasn't seen loosecannon's custom Madison, do so, you will be very impressed.

glad its working for you!
i always tell people to use their radios for a while before they ever consider modding them.

your uniden and the president madisons are exactly the same in the inside as long at they both have the 8719 chip in them.

good luck with it.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.